Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there converted their PITA radiator cap/ fill location from under the tank to the later model between the cylinders on the left side of engine with the chrome cover? If anyone has done this swap could you give any suggestions, pictures etc…
I’ve just replaced my water-pump, flushed the system and it is a real hassle to have to raise and lower the tank just to fill the cooling system back up , then again to burp the system etc… :cus:
Come on HONDA, just how far was your head up you @zz when you designed this mess? :mad:
Sorry about the rant Fellow X-er’s but sometimes it amazes me how a company that has produced so many great machines can mess up a simple thing like putting water into your bike.

:cool: Raw Bone :cool:

·
Registered
669 Posts
The upper radiator hose and other parts have the same part #s, so it seems the rad cap isn't relocated at all, just the overflow bottle is relocated from in front of the rear wheel to the left side of the jugs.

1470512-001 is #20 on 2002 part list and #26 on 2007 part list (upper radiator hose).

·
Super Moderator
64,215 Posts
As Invader said, the rad cap is still under the tank, the resevoir tank and it's cap was moved to the left side of the engine. So, that won't solve it :dontknow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts