Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:? I've been trying to find a FM, FRS, Intercom system that is A) wireless to the headset and B) has handlebar controls. I'm buying a new 1800 Neo with Beetle Bags, where I want to hide the "guts" of the system.

I also want to install Electronic Cruise Control. So far, the systems I've read about don't seem to be designed for the EFI systems.

Any suggestions on these componets?

Steve

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
I haven't seen a wireless headset for motorcycle-based intercom/FRS/CB/cell phone interface yet. Bluetooth technology is the rave, all auto mfg.s now at least test bluetooth, if not deploy it in their new models.

Hopefully we'll see one of the aftermarket motorcycle vendors come up with wireless hedsets soon.

I met a rider on a ST1100 last year, he had mounted a GM cruise control to the bike, using the turn signal stalk on his left handlebar. He tied the spedo into the controller, and a custom cable tied to the throttle body.

The Glod Wing has the same set-up. I wonder why someone hasn't looked at using that on a VTX yet. (Probably damn expensive!)

There is an outfit out of Australia that is using a auto-based cruise control, looks a little gawdy where they mount it (down by the coolant resevoir on the pre-'04, fuel pump located there now).

http://www.mccruise.com/PDF_Bin/Honda%20VTX1800_B.PDF

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David,

I saw the info on the Aussie company. I think it was about 4x the cost of a a good throttle lock w/ brake away feature ($800 something vs. $200). And, their system didn't look like the right solution; it looked too much like a garage operation for my taste.

With Blue tooth being all the rage these days, I had hoped that the radio package had already been put together. Guess I'm stuck being wired to the bike ...

Thanks for the input bud...

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts