Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just needing a good long ride this weekend and I don't want to do it in the rain. is it ever going to stop?

maybe a ride on saturday morning before it gets started will be possible.

Is anyone else ready for a good ride in the country?

John

·
Registered
336 Posts
man I wish it would rain here!!! My grass is turning brown and we're only allowed to water once a week. If you look at the retention ponds, they're all down a least 2-3 feet.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Dang John - You mean that new bike didn't come with special force sheilds to protect you from the rain? I thought it had virtually everything else!
I don't know how it is over there but here in Melbourne Saturday morning has been nice, but I had to cut the lawn from all the rain that already fell.

Have a good one!
Lee

·
Registered
612 Posts
jgalfo said:
I am just needing a good long ride this weekend and I don't want to do it in the rain. is it ever going to stop?

John
RAIN? I don't see no stinkin' rain!
It has not rained here in MONTHS!
Oh oops; my bust I forgot i'm out here
in Africa....in the Desert where it don't rain!

Man you got it good over there with that rain
You best count your blessings!

v/r
Charles Rivera
Camp Lemonier
Djibouti Africa

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
Just got home from a Nice LONG ride to MotorCycle Clinic.. Great Day with Plenty of SUN :D :D :D

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
VTX 1800 said:
jgalfo said:

John
RAIN? I don't see no stinkin' rain!
It has not rained here in MONTHS!
Oh oops; my bust I forgot i'm out here
in Africa....in the Desert where it don't rain!

Man you got it good over there with that rain
You best count your blessings!

v/r
Charles Rivera
Camp Lemonier
Djibouti Africa
Charles, Darla Was just asking about U!! Glad to hear from U!! Hope everything is going OK over there :D :D :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well, bunny (my sweetie) and I headed out around 8:30 and took the turnpike to 429 to Apopka and 20 minutes later were in downtown Mt.Dora.

Had brunch at a nice little cafe, did some shopping, made it home by 3:30
with no rain.

But it was HOT! STICKY HUMID!

Still, once you get rollin' you don't seem to notice!

Hope you Sunday riders have a good day too.
I gotta meet benjamin243 after work tomorrow
but I gotta carry a package, so I'll probably cage
it in the rental car.

Ride safe!

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
Jimysan said:
Well, bunny (my sweetie) and I headed out around 8:30 and took the turnpike to 429 to Apopka and 20 minutes later were in downtown Mt.Dora.

Had brunch at a nice little cafe, did some shopping, made it home by 3:30
with no rain.

But it was HOT! STICKY HUMID!

Still, once you get rollin' you don't seem to notice!

Hope you Sunday riders have a good day too.
I gotta meet benjamin243 after work tomorrow
but I gotta carry a package, so I'll probably cage
it in the rental car.

Ride safe!
Well thats kinda funny, I was in Kiss and U were in Mt. Dora :lol: :lol: :lol: Wonder If We pased each other on the 429 and Turn Pike :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Kevin Kuiper said:
Well thats kinda funny, I was in Kiss and U were in Mt. Dora :lol: :lol: :lol: Wonder If We pased each other on the 429 and Turn Pike :wink: :wink:
Hey, trust me, your ears musta been ringing when I
passed Plymouth/Sorrento road, cause I was thinking
about you...

thinking I need those front springs and a new front tire and
I was wondering when you might be available...

So, what'd ya do at MC? Buy any new chrome??
:wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
jgalfo said:

John
I rode up to Inverness Saturday morning EARLY and STILL went through about 4 showers on the way up and 2 or 3 on the way home! :roll: Good thing, actually, as it was really hot and the cooldown was welcome... and I got to do my favorite roads around Floral City and Istachatta, et. al. Only 200 miles or so... and now I gotta clean the dam bike AGAIN! :lol:

Bob

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
went to leesburg sat morning then on to Performance Honda in winter garden. they aren't giving hot dogs away any more they say its too expensive. not open on sunday anymore either. must not be doing too good money wise.

saturday evening went to Froggers in tavares for the bike night there was a pretty good turn out about 50 bikes.

sunday I got the girlfriend on the bike for the first long ride over to mt dora for the bike and car show. wow was it hot. but the girlfriend liked the ride on the wing as we took the long way thru the countryside there and back. looks like she'll be riding a little bit more now.

I love the wing. toons, cruise control, gps and adjustable suspension. just floats down the road.

never got wet either day.

thanks weather gods!

John

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
jgalfo said:
went to leesburg sat morning then on to Performance Honda in winter garden. they aren't giving hot dogs away any more they say its too expensive. not open on sunday anymore either. must not be doing too good money wise.

John
+1 on PH. Really disappointing. I even have a certificate from when I bought my bike there that promises "free hot dogs for life"! Bummed about the Sunday thing, too. But then, now Cycle Riders is open on Sundays and it's closer to my home. Never was too fond of that shop, but... if you need a quart of oil. Neither shop ever had great prices or service anyway, IMO. But I think PH has been going downhill for a while now.

They are having the ride to the Gulf on the 15th, though. I'm gonna try to make that one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts