Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm breaking down and getting a rain suit, and would like feedback on the pros and cons between 1 piece and 2 piece. I am leaning one piece, but can be persuaded.....:)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I myself have frogg toggs it is 2 piece light works exellent and you do no overheat while wearing it my opinion :doorag:

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
I have a two piece First Gear set. I have never had any problems with rain creeping between the waist overlap area.

The plus to a two piece is if/when you stop (full day trip) to get something to eat or drink at a rest stop/restaurant you can take the jacket off quick. My understanding of the one piece is it takes a bit of time to put on and off.

good luck. any rain suit is better than no rain suit.:thumbup:

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
+2 on the Frogg Toggs. And they roll up real small for storage.

John

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I myself have frogg toggs it is 2 piece light works exellent and you do no overheat while wearing it my opinion :doorag:
+1 on the Frogg Toggs

+4 My 2pc Frogg Toggs have never let me down and I like the fact that if the rain kinda subsides I can remove the jacket and ride with the pants and if the rain picks up again I can ride till I get to cover and put the jacket back on w/o having my legs soaked... windshield works wonders for riding in the rain also.

I would also invest in some of those boot gaiters, if you don't have waterproof boots... though at one time thought they where goofy I will say they keep your boots/feet dry and warm

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a 2 piece set from river road and it has worked good for me. Never had any problems with getting wet underneath it. I think the 2 piece is a little easier to get on and off, just my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
64,215 Posts
Yeah, I have a con for 1 piece jumpsuits of any kind. On a guy, don't wear a jumpsuit and then try to reach for anything that is above your shoulders!! :yikes:

YIKES!!! That's hurts the twins!! 2 piece rainsuits are just fine

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have had a set of frog toggs and ended up giving them away when i came accrossed my set of STEARNS. I found them in a walmart in hunnington indianna this past summer and fell in love with them. They fit me way better, the material is way stronger and all the stitching is very heavy duty. This is a two piece set. The things that sold me was all the pockets, rip-stop material, water-proof yet breathable, and the big one was that they have reflective bands around the arms and legs. The top and bottom ended up costing me 40 bucks but imo that is cheap for the quality of these. I rode 300 miles in the rain between home and hunnington and didnt ever feel a drop of rain, and that is riding with NO windshield.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I bought the Frogg Toggs in December and haven't worn them yet. It's either been WAY :yikes: to cold or way to nasty out side.

The only down fall that I've heard about the Toggs is they have a tendency to burn if you have after market pipes. But, I'm safe there.......

·
Registered
357 Posts
i say if your bike gets wet so should you :yikes:man up:!:
I wonder if this was thought to be an intelligent statement before posted??? Im just wondering...

·
Registered
898 Posts
My first rain suit was 1 piece, wore it for a couple of seasons here in FL, it was ok but unless you were very careful zipping it up it tended to leak around the wait area, where water usually accumulates when you're riding in a storm.

I now have a 2 piece and it's much more efficient and functional, I can also put it on much faster than the 1 piece. My advice to you is to go with the 2 piece suit... but ultimately it'll be your choice.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Hey Wiggans

If you get back up to my neck of the woods again give me a holler.

John

I have had a set of frog toggs and ended up giving them away when i came accrossed my set of STEARNS. I found them in a walmart in hunnington indianna this past summer and fell in love with them. They fit me way better, the material is way stronger and all the stitching is very heavy duty. This is a two piece set. The things that sold me was all the pockets, rip-stop material, water-proof yet breathable, and the big one was that they have reflective bands around the arms and legs. The top and bottom ended up costing me 40 bucks but imo that is cheap for the quality of these. I rode 300 miles in the rain between home and hunnington and didnt ever feel a drop of rain, and that is riding with NO windshield.

·
Registered
989 Posts
RAIN GEAR

+1... FROGG TOGGS HERE..LIGHT WEIGHT WORK REASONABLY WELL.. TAKE UP SMALL AREA FOR STORAGE....PROBLEM 1 IS THE PANTS LIKE TO RIDE UP LEG ..SO EITHER TALL BOOTS .OR LEG GAITERS UNDER OR WATER WILL FILL UP YOUR BOOTS..OR PANT LEG STIRUPS TO HOLD DOWN OUTER LEG COVER..MYSELF DO NOT RIDE IN RAIN BUT IF I GET CAUGHT IN RAIN LIKE TO BE READY..STAY DRY.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have frog toggs as well. They are great, but the problem I have with them is the stitching is not all the strong. After a few rides, the crotch has torn in mine, so now I stay dry except I feel like I'm at the ball washer on the golf course. :yikes:

Ok, not really since I have a windshield, but I expect it. I need to buy another set I guess. But I personally would not go with a one piece.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Frog Toggs

I'm breaking down and getting a rain suit, and would like feedback on the pros and cons between 1 piece and 2 piece. I am leaning one piece, but can be persuaded.....:)
To protect from Scroching & burning of leg from pipes - Modify a Ironing Boad cover. I been told

1 - 20 of 31 Posts