Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to know what everyone's opinions are. I think it's an almost gotta have on longer trips cuz ya just never know. What say you?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I bought the Frog Togs.
2 piece and very comfortable.

They are light and breathable.

I wear the top mostly, but in very heavy rain
I will stop and put on the bottoms.

They roll up real small too for packing.

:doorag:

·
Registered
438 Posts
I wear two piece rainsuits also. Mine came fron J.C. Whitney several years ago, before frogg toggs were around. They still work well. Put a Wallmart in the rainsuit bag when you travel. Put the bag on your foot and the rainsuit slips on easily without getting caught on your boot. I learned about that last yeat and have now stopped doing the hoppy dance around the bike cuz my boot is stuck . Jetsam

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I bought the Frog Togs.
2 piece and very comfortable.

They are light and breathable.

I wear the top mostly, but in very heavy rain
I will stop and put on the bottoms.

They roll up real small too for packing.

:doorag:
Two peice, same reasons as above, just a different brand (don't remember what)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Two piece is the only way to go. For me, easier to put on and take off. Also if you only want to wear the top and not the bottom or the other way around!

I bought a two piece HD brand suit many years ago and, although not too often, they look as good as new.

Ride Safe and Have Fun,

Jon

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
2 peice easier to get into on the side of the road

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Put a Wallmart in the rainsuit bag when you travel. Put the bag on your foot and the rainsuit slips on easily without getting caught on your boot. I learned about that last yeat and have now stopped doing the hoppy dance around the bike cuz my boot is stuck . Jetsam
I'm going to have to try and remember that one.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Cheap

I bought a rain suit from Meijer for $1.50 was on clearance.. No intention at all of using it on the bike just for carb day walking around the track. happen to have it in my saddlebag when I was out and got caught in a monsoon. The pants blew out from the knee down but the jacket held up fine! Think I'm going to get a big boy rain suit but hey in a pinch and for $1.50 I think the rain suit did well. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
two.

·
Registered
694 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wear two piece rainsuits also. Mine came fron J.C. Whitney several years ago, before frogg toggs were around. They still work well. Put a Wallmart in the rainsuit bag when you travel. Put the bag on your foot and the rainsuit slips on easily without getting caught on your boot. I learned about that last yeat and have now stopped doing the hoppy dance around the bike cuz my boot is stuck . Jetsam
If I don't have a Wal-Mart in my area, I suppose I'm stuck doing it the old fashioned way? Too bad. I'll have to see if a plastic bag from Price Cutter will work. :doorag:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

Great tip!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts