Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year to all!

So I've seen these Rakaphoshi bags on eBay (but no where else). Does anyone have a set? I like the idea that they can be mounted without the need for support brackets, and they're designed to fit around the rear shocks on my 1300R. I'm not looking for a huge bag, so I thought it might serve my needs. But I'd rather get your opinion.

Thanks for the help!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RAKA...62QQcategoryZ35580QQihZ003QQitemZ130278782004

·
Registered
53 Posts
yea I installed them on my 2006 1300R. had to find hardware locally. Not the biggest bag but they are working out great. hard to beat a price like that on bags.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I was also looking at these bags. I liked the looks of the bags and the price is definately a plus , but my only concern was the plastic latches on the front of each bag. Being from Arizona plastic doesn't last very long around here as the sun just eats it up. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I don't have the Rakaposhi bags, but I do have the Viking Bags

http://www.vikingbags.com/honda-vtx-saddlebags-31-prd1.html'

which appear to be the same bags. I had my orignal set for over a year and just received my second set (a high-side slide trashed my original set). They are very sturdy and have held up well.

·
Registered
752 Posts
djoyner, can you see the mounting hardware on your bake when you take the bags off?

Lee
goosedowner, no you cannot see the mounting hardware as there is none. You just use the two fender mounting holes closest to the rear of the bike (you will need to get longer bolts from your local hardware store). When you remove the bags (five minutes), you only see the stock fender mounting screws. My signature shows my bike without the bags. Here's a pic of my bike with bags:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
goosedowner, no you cannot see the mounting hardware as there is none. You just use the two fender mounting holes closest to the rear of the bike (you will need to get longer bolts from your local hardware store). When you remove the bags (five minutes), you only see the stock fender mounting screws. My signature shows my bike without the bags. Here's a pic of my bike with bags:

And it looks like you didn't have to relocate your signals, either. Thanks a bunch for the info. I think I'll go with the Vikings.

One more question...any problems with the passenger pegs? I have boards for my wife...they look like they'll clear with no problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts