Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Run 21 is just around the corner at July 27-29. There are 2 types of motorcycle runs. One is all about the ride. There are those however that are about the Party. Run 21 (IMO) is all about the party. While there are many great rides around run 21 you may not be in any condition to ride after the party.

So let me say that again. Run21 is about the PARTY. If you do not want to party do not come.

I will be going. At this time I do not have Friday off and will save it for a run about the ride. I will be heading out sometime Friday afternoon. Setup camp (no motels) party Friday and Saturday.

Anybody want to go. Hey Eagle and Richard this is just like The Next !00 Years.

http://www.nwbikers.com/RR_Run21.html

Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well here we go again. Sunday will be the 4th record setting rain day in the last 5. But they say summer MAY return Tuesday or so.

Run 21 is this coming week end. At one time Run 21 was the biggest run in Washington and Oregon. Was down a little last year. But back to its original location this year. Hoping for good things.

See you there

Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com

·
Registered
333 Posts
sounds like a good time, funny its the first time i heard of that run, vicky said if we went i would have to keep her away from the everclear or she might end up on the stage singing with the band
lee

·
Registered
619 Posts
Randy,

what does the $40 fee cover exactly? the website was unclear

i am expecting to have to pay for my own food, drinks, and otherwise entertainment. but expecting the bands to be free, and also the camping spaces to be included.

please correct me if i'm wrong, would hate to go with too few bucks.

also, any insight to the "party" scene would be helpful for a mid 20-something dude.
not really looking for another MOM, or partying with someone like my dad.

--nate

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Randy you know this is my kind of run. BUT I'm friggin workin again. Seems like that is the story of my life this summer. I have half the summer off and every damn run/part is on my work weeks. Sheeeeooohhhhhhhttttttttt!!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ledbetter80 said:
Randy,

what does the $40 fee cover exactly? the website was unclear

i am expecting to have to pay for my own food, drinks, and otherwise entertainment. but expecting the bands to be free, and also the camping spaces to be included.

please correct me if i'm wrong, would hate to go with too few bucks.

also, any insight to the "party" scene would be helpful for a mid 20-something dude.
not really looking for another MOM, or partying with someone like my dad.

--nate
The $40 get you in the site and camping is included. There will be vendors for food and gear. The bands are included.

The party is a lot of bikers and motorcyclists of all types just hanging out. You setup your camp and mingle. The Bands play from late afternoon into the night. Drinking is involved. It is BYOB.

Saturday there will be the normal biker games, Weinie bite, Burn Outs, and Adult games. Saturday night more music.

Sunday you go home.

There is a Video link on the report page
http://www.nwbikers.com/RR_Run21.html

Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eagle1953 said:
Randy you know this is my kind of run. BUT I'm friggin workin again. Seems like that is the story of my life this summer. I have half the summer off and every damn run/part is on my work weeks. Sheeeeooohhhhhhhttttttttt!!!
What about the next 100 years.

http://www.100yearsofmotorcycles.com/

Aug 17-20th? Looks like the main bands will be Saturday Night with old rockers and they will be charging and extra $25. Not sure about that?

Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com

G

·
chit! randy i wish i could go man. the wife is putting her foot down, mumbling something about " you have a new kid and........." i think i have ADD as soon as she says no.
jason

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure if there is a lot of resistance to this kind of Run from most or not. But I get very little response on runs like this. I wonder if most are aprehensive because it is a Biker Rally. This is what I call a Black Leather event. There will be many hardcore harley bikers as well as some real outlaw types.

But they are all bikers. They dont care what you ride as long as you ride. They are there to have a good time. There will be alcohol consumption. I will be doing my fair share. There will be lots of rock and roll and hootn and hollern. As I said before it is about the party. Lots of great rides in the area for Saturday. I just cant say that I will be in any condition to ride.

If you have not tried one of these you should. Relax and have a good time. I will

The Next 100 Years in Rosalia (south of Spokane) is just a few weeks away.

Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Randy The X Man said:
Not sure if there is a lot of resistance to this kind of Run from most or not. But I get very little response on runs like this. I wonder if most are aprehensive because it is a Biker Rally. This is what I call a Black Leather event. There will be many hardcore harley bikers as well as some real outlaw types.

But they are all bikers. They dont care what you ride as long as you ride. They are there to have a good time. There will be alcohol consumption. I will be doing my fair share. There will be lots of rock and roll and hootn and hollern. As I said before it is about the party. Lots of great rides in the area for Saturday. I just cant say that I will be in any condition to ride.

If you have not tried one of these you should. Relax and have a good time. I will

The Next 100 Years in Rosalia (south of Spokane) is just a few weeks away.

Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com
If I were single, I'd be there. Maybe even married with no kids, I'd be there. I'm running out of weekends to do stuff with my family so I kinda gotta pick & choose what rides I go on & which I don't. Maybe when I'm 50 & the kids are all growed up & gone, I'll be able to fill my weekends with rides & parties.

I'm gonna make the weekend down at Bob's (8/4-8/5) & maybe another weekend getaway in September (Oyster Run) but that's about it for me.

Have fun over there, Randy! :wink:

Dave~

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
posnews said:

Aug 17-20th? Looks like the main bands will be Saturday Night with old rockers and they will be charging and extra $25. Not sure about that?
I'd like to make it to this one. It was a lot of fun last year. It would be cool to get a big group together to camp out this year. The barbeque guys are supposed to be back accord to the rally website. They are planning showers this year and shuttles to town. Also promising to do some things about the dust. Might be fun.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
eagle1953 said:
posnews said:

I'd like to make it to this one. It was a lot of fun last year. It would be cool to get a big group together to camp out this year. The barbeque guys are supposed to be back accord to the rally website. They are planning showers this year and shuttles to town. Also promising to do some things about the dust. Might be fun.
Interesting. The campsite page says they will have a beer garden near the bbq at the campsite. Interesting idea if you dont have your own beer?

The Shuttle would be nice. Another interesting coment is charging a surchargh for the Shade Area???

Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Randy The X Man said:
Interesting. The campsite page says they will have a beer garden near the bbq at the campsite. Interesting idea if you dont have your own beer?

The Shuttle would be nice. Another interesting coment is charging a surchargh for the Shade Area???
I'd forgotten about the beer garden Randy. What a great idea! Crawl out of the tent with a raging hangover and order a round :!: :lol: This could be even more fun than last year. Not too happy about them charging extra for the bands. Maybe we need to start a new thread for this run and start recruiting Xmen :!: This kind of rally has the potential to be the VTX party rally of the summer.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
eagle1953 said:
Randy The X Man said:

I'd forgotten about the beer garden Randy. What a great idea! Crawl out of the tent with a raging hangover and order a round :!: :lol: This could be even more fun than last year. Not too happy about them charging extra for the bands. Maybe we need to start a new thread for this run and start recruiting Xmen :!: This kind of rally has the potential to be the VTX party rally of the summer.
Hey Eagle the thread is up help me work it.

Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts