Honda VTX Forum banner

RC Component Wheels for 2006 VTX1300C

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Clarke 
#1 ·
Hello All, it's been a while... Hopefully, everyone has been getting some riding in.

I have put almost 50K miles on this bike and I still like it as much as the day I got it. Initially, I wanted to put chrome wheels on it, but I couldn't justify spending $3K and I didn't want to chrome the existing rims.

Well, that has changed. I figure since the bike has given me so many great trips, it was time to reward it. :)

I'm curious to know if anyone else with a similar bike has done the same? I don't want to change the swing arm and according to RC I won't need to. However, they don't offer a 15" dia rim (for the rear), so they recommended an 18" dia rim. My concern is tire dia. I'm currently running 170/80-15. I'm assuming the tire outer dia and width will need to be fairly close to orig. I'll check with my tire guy to see if they can maintain that with a larger rim.

I appreciate any feedback you guys might have.

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.