Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered new pipes, air intake, and a Thunder Jet Kit, and was wondering how difficult is it to re-jet the carb yourself? Does anyone have a decent set of instructions? Or am I better off taking it to a stealer????

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
bschad said:
I just ordered new pipes, air intake, and a Thunder Jet Kit, and was wondering how difficult is it to re-jet the carb yourself? Does anyone have a decent set of instructions? Or am I better off taking it to a stealer????
You can do it yourself.
bluevtx http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=597(jessie) can help you out. I think he also sells a dvd for rejetting.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Putting the jets in is no problem, it's getting it right that can be difficult. What worked for one person won't be the same on another's bike. If you can afford to, take it to a "GOOD" dyno shop, don't leave to a dealer that doesn't have the proper equipment. Some will say they got it right the first time, but unless you hook it up to a dyno, and someone that really knows how to use it, you're just guessing.

I did mine myself, but if I had to do it all over I'd take it in, have it done by a shop that specializes in doing this work. Just my .02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts