Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using the ISO grips and I am going to be changing out to a new set of bars. My question is how to remove the ISO grips I am using and can they be re-used on the new bars I am getting in. Thanks in advance!!

·
Super Moderator
64,344 Posts
Did you use the glue? If yes, then look forward to a pain in the butt. You can try using a feeler gauge to saw through the rubber or glue(sharpen one side) You can try air from a pressurized air system, sometimes that works. And lots of patience

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
more glue.

might be easier to order an new pair.

I've re-used a pair of ISOs before, and they get more ragged the more times you take em off.

Especially if you use superglue like I did.
:lol:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Im no expert on anything but the search function. My bars should be here next week. I was able to just twist the left grip until it came loose. I think the right grip stays on the throttle sleeve. I will take that side off when I get the bars and my chrome switch housings from Handler. Use the search, it always takes me longer to go through everybodys tips than it does to do the job.

My front end is at Front range polishing and I hope with the tips I found searching the tech section I can flip the Baron speedo cup and put the trees and forks back on.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Throttle side stays on the sleeve; correct. When you go to pull it off just open up the switch housing and disconnect the throttle cables from that plastic sleeve and your grip/sleeve should slide right off.
Left side: Mine came off by twisting front to back ALOT until the glue hold broke. Yours may be different but it should be on there with glue. A hair dyer to heat that glue underneath may help you out as well 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.