Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i asked if there was a way to mod the shifter peg.And i got the answer i was looking for,But here's something alse i thought of.Can i use a break lever in place of the original shifter.Can i take the now,shift arm off,and replace it with a break arm,so i can have them both the same?I just don't like that damn rubber piece for the shift peg.The break peg would look much cooler on both sides.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Illusion Blue said:
i know i asked if there was a way to mod the shifter peg.And i got the answer i was looking for,But here's something alse i thought of.Can i use a break lever in place of the original shifter.Can i take the now,shift arm off,and replace it with a break arm,so i can have them both the same?I just don't like that damn rubber piece for the shift peg.The break peg would look much cooler on both sides.
You can't take the brake arm and flop it over to be a shift lever, Even IF it had all the same holes, it would be facing the wrong way.
You could cut the brake peg off, tap it, and bolt it onto the shift lever though.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not if you just turned it over,from right to left.just flip it.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
The arms are completley different

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BUMMER!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts