Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have her just about ready to go... just need to wire in my signals on new rear integrated LED tail light and some decent weather... nothing but rain in forecast here in Memphis.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good......... Enjoy!
Thanks Dawg.. Just installed my Mutazu hardbags and Ultimate Big Boy seat... and the seat is ad advertised, I love it. Next add will be a fairing... but the little woman now has me on a spending freeze so I guess that'll have to wait a bit, lol.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I think the fairing will be the cherry on top for your bike. It should look great.

Firstly I always wanted a fat tired cruiser and my R model fit the bill nicely. I finally after three years of owning it bought and installed a fairing on mine and love it.

I'm still running soft saddle bags but have a set of hard bags off a newer Gold Wing that I'm modifying to fit and look good on mine. It's a lot of work but I only have about $50 invested in them and they were coming along nicely. But, then it warmed up and I wanted to ride rather than work on the bike so I took them off and put the soft ones back on. I'll finish the hard bags once it gets too cold to ride again.

I went with a new fairing purchased from a fellow member here and saved some cash so I'm very happy. There are many different makes you can go with depending on how much you want to spend. I installed the Stealth brand that is sold on Ebay a lot. It looks good and the fit and finish was good as well. I did use big fender washers to reinforce where the bolts go thru the fairing into the mounts as that seemed to me to be the one weak spot on this fairing.

Good luck getting the wife to let you finance the fairing soon....... I know how that can be sometimes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts