Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 1300 C.

Finishing up my rebuild and the final part to the rear end was the brakes. Caliper and pads are on, hose is connected to caliper. Started bleeding the brakes and my dad accidently pumped the reservoir dry. So, been filling and pumping for 3 hours now. Fluid is being taken from the reservoir but not getting any firmness at the pedal. Only getting air bubbles in my bottle every now and then. Other threads said to Crack the banjo bolts at the master cylinder and caliper, did that, still nothing.

Any ideas / suggestions?

·
Registered
12,316 Posts
Everytime you push the pedal and hold then close the fittings and the bleed valve before you release the pedal.
You may want to get a vacuum pump. Harbor freight vacuum pump works.
Sometimes I use very light finger tip pressure on the bleeder as a check valve.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
It might be safe to assume that since you are pushing a lot of brake fluid through the master and the line, the air is likely hiding in the slave (caliper). I am nowhere near my bike so I cannot check but is the bleeder screw at the very top of the caliper? If not, you might need to orient the caliper with the bleeder toward the top so that the bubbles can exit that way.

I agree with Hans and his reiteration of the bleeding procedure. And if that doesn't work, a hand pump might yield better results.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have a Mityvac brake bleeding kit I bought years ago. There are other brands that look similar. Most auto stores sell them. Very easy to change brake fluid check out the video.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts