Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to improve the look of the rear of my bike. I have been thinking about going with a vertical side mount plate and some small bullet signals. I have also been thinking about this signal:

http://www.customdynamics.com/honda-vtx ... lights.htm

I am open to other ideas so please attach pictures. It is hard to picture something and know if it will look good. I do think it would be nice to see more of the tire and open it up a little. I just really dislike the plate/signsl holder that comes with the bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
nice

those look great !!!!!!!hope you have the cash

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I did this on the rear of my C;

I used the Kury LED light kit that was made to go on a retro on my C & redrilled a HD LED tag frame........ Rod :D

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
I put on a cheap sidemount (jettink.com) and cut off the thing under the rear fender, signals included. Just need enough money for new signals, and all kinds of other stuff.

And yes, I am riding with shorts, flip-flops, novelty helmet, one hand, no rear turn signals, etc.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
jhrahn said:
I put on a cheap sidemount (jettink.com) and cut off the thing under the rear fender, signals included. Just need enough money for new signals, and all kinds of other stuff.

And yes, I am riding with shorts, flip-flops, novelty helmet, one hand, no rear turn signals, etc.

and dont forget "waiving" at a cop

·
Registered
831 Posts
DentalRep said:
kai38 said:
http://www.pbase.com/kai38/image/41371486

I moved my plate to the side and put bullets on the fender after cutting away the bracket.
Kirk
When you put the signals on the fender, what keeps them from turning when bumped? I would be worried about scratching the paint. I like the look off the fender.
I put flat star washers on that hold it pretty tight. It took me a long time to measure and make sure the holes I was about to drill were both in the same place. Getting the nerve up to drill into the fender was the hardest part of the whole job

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RODS X said:

I used the Kury LED light kit that was made to go on a retro on my C & redrilled a HD LED tag frame........ Rod :D
I was just looking at my fender and I see that the factory bracket is welded. Did you have to cut something off to get the Kury lght kit on?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Custom tail

I like my look....... very clean. License plate is vertically mounted under saddlebag.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
DentalRep said:
RODS X said:

I was just looking at my fender and I see that the factory bracket is welded. Did you have to cut something off to get the Kury lght kit on?
The kury lights are mounted where the factory signals were,I cut down the factory plate holder & bolted the lighted HD plate holder high on mount to put it close to the fender.I think it worked out pretty good. I started to put one of the Kury lighted tag & signal kits( http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=4202&str=12&ID=698673740 ) ,but wanted to be different.......... :D Rod

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone else have any other ideas? I would like to see a couple of other options of what others have done.

I am interested in going with a lighted vertical mount and maybe bullets off the fender. I am slightly concerned that the fender may not look right being how far from the tire it is.

·
Registered
516 Posts
After I cut off the bracket I used Radiantz a Combo Running Light/Brake/ Turn Signal LED piece.

I will post picks this evening.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: LED Turns

pichel said:
Those look really cool..........but $300! :shock:
That is the problem. I love the look but not the price. I would like to see soem other pics before I make a choice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts