Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very happy with the finished product......costly but GOOOOOOD!

The Attaching of the fender…..

First I wanted to brace it real well for the bitc$%^^ seat. Notice the stitch welding. Can you connect the dots
to see the outline of the 1/8” steel that was formed to the inside of the fender?!?!?

The steel plate was welded to 2 cross steel plates for braces. 1 upper and lower. This is the upper
cross tube brace with bungs welded then bolted with 3 bolts through the upper steel plate brace under the fender.

This is the lower bung welded to the frame tube then bolted through the lower steel plate
brace under the fender.

Once the fender was mounted we made side plates and welded them to the
old cut off strut flanges and made them so they blended with the fender, BUT don’t connect
to the fender for easy fender removal.

Once powder coated these plates will look factory! And the low rider seat will cover most of this fine work also.

We re vamped the side to conture with the wheel lines. Notice the side point now matchs the wheel points!
I’m really happy with the design.

And now we are ready for the complete mock up of the bike before sending out the tins for paint next week.
Setup the forks, handle bars, electonics, LBS,ect. The bike is progressing nicely.
These next 3 shoots are………the money shoots!

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Looks great! What exhaust are you going to run it looks like that swingarm may get in the way?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
X'N said:
Looks great! What exhaust are you going to run it looks like that swingarm may get in the way?
I'm building a "one off" custom exhaust so clearance is not going to be a problem! :wink:

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Cool keep up the good work! What all are you doing to the front end?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
X'N said:
Cool keep up the good work! What all are you doing to the front end?
American forks with integrated caliper design, 21" rim, custom H bars with Climax controls(no wires or cables). 8)

·
Registered
471 Posts
SSSSSmokin, :shock: sounds like you have all the bases well covered with the front end you described,fab you some custom side panels and you will have the total package :wink:
You have something to be very proud of with your creation,your hooked now!! :lol:

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
Looks Like its comming along Very Nicely!!! That fender is Tight :D :D :D

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RIXXVTX said:
SSSSSmokin, :shock: sounds like you have all the bases well covered with the front end you described,fab you some custom side panels and you will have the total package :wink:
You have something to be very proud of with your creation,your hooked now!! :lol:
HOOKED! Is that what you call THIS!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!! LOL!!! :lol: Thanks Rick....coming from you is very much appreciated! 8)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kevin Kuiper said:
Looks Like its comming along Very Nicely!!! That fender is Tight :D :D :D
Thanks Kevin......I'll be talkin to you later today bro! :wink:

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Sweet looking scoot there man. Good luck with her.
Is that air suspention?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Indeed I find this very impressive. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Congratulations. :D

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the positive responses everyone.....very appreciated. It's been a LOOOONNNGGGGG time comin! And yeah hooky, it a air over oil hidden softtail shock set up!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I've been following your build. I'm definately looking forward to see the finished look. Very cool!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.