Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After modifying an 1800C Solo Seat to fit my 1300C, I've contemplated cutting off the rear peg mounts. I struggled with this idea, as it would be a permanent modification, short of welding them back on. A forum poster on another site suggested covering the mount and this is what I came up with...simple and CHEAP!

I went to Lowe's and bought a 4-pack of size 1 1/8" Rubber Chair Tips, which cost me $2.79.

Make sure you buy the rubber ones and not the hard plastic style.

It's very simple to remove the rear pegs on the VTX. Just straighten out the cotter-pin and remove the retention pin...save the parts by re-assembling them so they won't be hard to find if you decide to ride 2-up.

I cleaned the mount up a little, then just slid the rubber chair tip on, wiggling it back a forth a little...pretty easy, but not loose enough to vibrate off.

This was my final look and it's not very noticeable; looks almost like a safety stop on a crotch-rocket. You can see what I mean in the photo below...hardly noticeable.

Now all I have to do is chrome that swingarm...man, it really stands out!!!

·
Mad Hatter
21,317 Posts
Looks like it works... The 1800's are bolted ;)

·
Old Goat
25,496 Posts
Great minds think alike, heres how I did mine last year. good job

click pic

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great minds think alike, heres how I did mine last year. good job

click pic
Looks like you used the same part I did!

·
Old Goat
25,496 Posts
Looks like you used the same part I did!
I sure did, but I had to have some bling so I put one of those little plastichrome caps in the center. Again great job, I just couldnt see whacking them peg mounts off. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts