Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just swapped the rear shocks on my 2008 VTX 1300 R with some new stock shocks from a VTX 1800. New poly bushings and all. Swap went really easy. I am wondering what yall would recommend for initial setting for the new shocks should be, I was running old ones at 3 since I ride two up a lot and that setting worked well. I currently have them set to 2. looking for suggestions. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
63,578 Posts
There is no perfect setting for all. You start at 1 and go for a ride with your spanner. Ride for a while on 1 and see how you like it. Change to 2 after a while and see if that's better. Go up to 3 and so on. When your ride gets to be too harsh/stiff then you go back one number

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
There is no perfect setting for all. You start at 1 and go for a ride with your spanner. Ride for a while on 1 and see how you like it. Change to 2 after a while and see if that's better. Go up to 3 and so on. When your ride gets to be too harsh/stiff then you go back one number

Sounds CORRECT to me.

my last Goldwing had automatic self leveling air system.. from the factory.
you sit on the bike.... or you and passenger sit on the bike and press a button..
it auto levels... and was always a good ride.
had that bike for 19 years. till 2005.

·
Old Goat
24,227 Posts
I’m running 1800’s on my 1300R...good advice already mentioned.....FYI after some trial and error I settled on 3 as a happy medium solo or 2-up....good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts