Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I only get around 6k out of each rear tire, I was told by a passing VTX owner there was a car tire that fit, was less expensive, and lasted longer...anyone know this size?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm getting 15-17k out of my bike tires, Avon or Metzler either one.

That said, I'm running a Yokohama Envigor CT on my 1800R.... I don't get much more out of the Yokohama mileage wise (20-22k) than I did with the Avon or Metzler but at $130 installed I don't really care. :mrgreen:

If you're close enough to Fishers you could swing by my office sometime when I'm riding (most of the time) and take mine for a spin and see how it feels? Just put on fresh front and back last week, 3rd car tire and over 40k on them now and still loving it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dark Side works for me!

I put a Bridgestone 195 X 60 X 16 on, I had NO clearance problems and she rides good. There is a thread out there on my experience, a lot of guys "beat me up" a bit because I didn't go with the 205, I'm not sorry at all, like I said NO CLEARANCE issues!

For $135 it worked out great. It does ride a bit different but you get used ot it in the first hundred miles or so.... Check out the pics with my thread or on my profile....

knees in the Breeze.........Blink

·
Registered
31 Posts
plus youtube car tire on motorcycle and see how much rubber is on the road when turning.. might change your mind

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tried it and my wife caught too much trash from her dad, a long time Harley Rider. So some how the tire got removed from my 03 Retro 1800. It is amazing what a man will do for some piece and quit. It is a Michilin Hydroedge. It did ride different but no more than getting to know a different bike. I still have it if you are interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts