Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just finished mounting and painting some harley hard bags and need my turn signals about 1/2" shorter is there any way to cut the stem on my stockers or what after market options available to mount in the stock holes any help would be great i have a 2005 1300R

thanks,jeff

·
Registered
570 Posts
I don't know the measurements but these are by Kuryakyn and are shorter than the stock.

Lee

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
i just finished mounting and painting some harley hard bags and need my turn signals about 1/2" shorter is there any way to cut the stem on my stockers or what after market options available to mount in the stock holes any help would be great i have a 2005 1300R

thanks,jeff

Go to Dennis Kirk.com and look at all the different turn signal lights they have. You will be surprised to find something that looks exactly like what you have but in different sizes.

I also saved my stock front turn signal light bar and may put those lights on the rear someday.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to Dennis Kirk.com and look at all the different turn signal lights they have. You will be surprised to find something that looks exactly like what you have but in different sizes.

I also saved my stock front turn signal light bar and may put those lights on the rear someday.

thanks i will go look now

·
Registered
605 Posts
I used Arlen Ness for mine.

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
watch out for the lens coming off

I used Arlen Ness for mine.
Hey Dontom, I used to have those, but one of the lenses fell off on the highway. I don't recommend them because they screw on, instead of being secured with a bolt. By the way, if yours comes off send me a PM and I can send you a replacement (I saved my other one).

I got Vizor Lights Small LED Vizor Lights from Dennis Kirk

These were easy to install and I'm very pleased with them. I had hard bags and they didn't interfere with them. You can see them installed on my VTX in my sig photo.

Some people will tell you a relay is needed for LED lights, but I didn't get one and it just makes the light flash faster than stock (fine with me:dontknow:).

Check the line if you're interested in them:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...in&catId=&productId=p212014&leafCatId=&mmyId=

A factor to consider is not just how cool the look, but how much they add to the safety factor. If cagers can't see that you're turning they may do something stupid like try to squeeze by you on the side your turning. I had this happen to me once.

That's why I like the LED signals, because they are pretty bright.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey Dontom, I used to have those, but one of the lenses fell off on the highway. I don't recommend them because they screw on, instead of being secured with a bolt. By the way, if yours comes off send me a PM and I can send you a replacement (I saved my other one).

I got Vizor Lights Small LED Vizor Lights from Dennis Kirk

These were easy to install and I'm very pleased with them. I had hard bags and they didn't interfere with them. You can see them installed on my VTX in my sig photo.

Some people will tell you a relay is needed for LED lights, but I didn't get one and it just makes the light flash faster than stock (fine with me:dontknow:).

Check the line if you're interested in them:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...in&catId=&productId=p212014&leafCatId=&mmyId=

Thanks 'pain. I have been running mine for 3 years without a problem. I like the two bulb setup on these. I use a white light for the flasher and a red led for the running light with the amber lens. It is cool at night they are red when you put on the turn signal they flash amber.

·
Registered
907 Posts
jmo, but those are some ugly looking turn signals!:roll:

quote=Rex Franks;2114817]I used a set of pro-one's for my set up worked good.
[/quote]

·
Registered
464 Posts
jmo, but those are some ugly looking turn signals!:roll:

quote=Rex Franks;2114817]I used a set of pro-one's for my set up worked good.
[/quote]
maybee so, but the price made them look beautiful just $19.00 for the pair!

·
Registered
898 Posts
thanks,jeff
Not sure what your budget is but given the choice I would go with the Kury's that '56 Cruzn' recommended. It's a direct bolt on and it looks fantastic, way better than stock. The piece just fits with a professional look. No black plastic spacer or other C.R.A.P. alternative... not that there is anyhting wrong with C.R.A.P., it's purely a personal choice.

I've had mine for quite some time now and I am totally satisfied with them. They're also an easy install as you need not remove the fender or wheel to get them on the bike. BTW, if I eyeball it from the top with a measuring tape they're just under 2.75" from the fender.

Good luck.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Scaramouche or 56 Cruzin - do you know the part number on your Kuryakyn's? I've serached their site and can't locate the signals on your bikes. These look to be the perfect solution for me to be able to bring my RK bags in a bit in the rear.

Many thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
898 Posts

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
Honest opinions...

:DThey look like you paid $19 for the pair. Just having some fun! Seriously, they are ugly!!
LOL, :lol: don't hold back there ked72K! I like an honest opinion, but OUCH!
:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
464 Posts
:DThey look like you paid $19 for the pair. Just having some fun! Seriously, they are ugly!!
The good thing is that they work great and with the bags on they are just turn signals,and if it ever gets cold enough here to keep me from riding I'm going to install a set of lights in the saddle bags and then I'll sell them to one of you guys on the board LOL:lol:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not sure what your budget is but given the choice I would go with the Kury's that '56 Cruzn' recommended. It's a direct bolt on and it looks fantastic, way better than stock. The piece just fits with a professional look. No black plastic spacer or other C.R.A.P. alternative... not that there is anyhting wrong with C.R.A.P., it's purely a personal choice.

I've had mine for quite some time now and I am totally satisfied with them. They're also an easy install as you need not remove the fender or wheel to get them on the bike. BTW, if I eyeball it from the top with a measuring tape they're just under 2.75" from the fender.

Good luck.

i have them ordered and also got the triple whammy (RTB) and the deep bezels for the front all should be here thur. or fri.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hope they arrive in the morning i hate waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts