Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of switching spokes from my 03 vtx 1300 to cast wheels. On the rear wheel everything seems to line up . Splines are seeming to line up except when everything is together there is space near the shaft that looks like it's not back all the way . I took it off an checked everything and it looks good put it back together and it looks the same. I'm lost right now any information would be appreciated .

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Old Goat
24,191 Posts
This question comes up from time to time....that gap is normal....if u care to do a search there are similar pics...pretty much only one way assembly works....there would be binding if something out of whack....good luck

Make sure bike is in gear ..makes for easier alignment..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I lined it up everything went in smooth. Everytime I had the wheel off I lived up the splines. But this is a different wheel I'm putting on and I did have it in neutral.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did it with it in gear and it still looks the same. It slides in really smooth I doubt anything is binding up. I noticed on my spoke wheel that there it's machined lesser than the cast wheel it line's up with the first mark on the cast wheel but that's pretty much where it was on the spoke wheel. The cast wheel seems to be machined more than the spoke but I can confirm that being I don't know anyone with a VTX. I think it will be good. 1300R.

·
Super Moderator
63,576 Posts
If it wasn't in correct, you wouldn't be able to put the brake caliper bracket in place. So, if you have everything on the axle and it all fits within the swingarm, then it's right put the axle nut on and torque it

·
Registered
527 Posts
If it wasn't in correct, you wouldn't be able to put the brake caliper bracket in place. So, if you have everything on the axle and it all fits within the swingarm, then it's right put the axle nut on and torque it
x2. If not installed properly, with the spacer, the brake caliper bracket will not have enough room to slide between the spacer and the swing arm.

You should be good.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought so too. But I wanted to double check ,you never know. Everything went in smooth from the start. I know this forum would help me out like it always did. I did finish it up yesterday. Thank you everyone for your help. Happy holidays.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts