Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
So are you telling us this new Rebel looks a piece of Schiff???:poop:
Nothing could be as bad as a Schiff ! And Honda has to come up with a new name, Rebel is racist !! Maybe Repel?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Honda builds great stuff. World class. I really try to keep my finger on the pulse of all things cycle, and I think it is harder than ever to judge what the consumer wants. The % of young men interested in motorbikes is not close to what it was in the prior 50 years. Then there is California. Where the majority of bikes are sold. So, coming full circle I think this is where Honda Tries it's Ideas. Dying to find some niche. The big sportbikes represent a significant investment. These are the young cats buying new bikes and riding them. A small fraction of a small market. The rest is 'fishing'. They are reaching for the guy that wants to own a motorcycle. Maybe ride it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
the sad thing is...

$6,200 in 1983 got you a NEW 1100cc Goldwing Aspencade.. loaded.
In 2020 dollars the $6,200 is now ~$16,050. Today I can buy this 1,000cc Indian Scout 60 for $9K ($3,477 1983 dollars) and put the other $7K into accessories. As with most things, the passage of time yields better technology at a lower price.

·
Registered
127 Posts

a 2020 Ford F 150,,,,,, $68k.
yes you can get a F 150, base model for under $35k.

its just crazy... today's pickup trucks are dressed better then any Cadillac 20 years ago.

$100,000 pickup truck
The workers (assembly line ) compensation package salery,health/dental,401k,vacation/sick pay , there is no way on God's green earth can they sell a $15,000 pkup. Those 'poor souls pay union dues that supports Dem's and Joe Biden. They will probably vote themselves out of a job go figure.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts