Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat got a phone call from a couple of bro's and off I went on a 150 mi late afternoon "as good as it gets" cruise. The weather was 78 and t-shirt attire, seems I wasn't the only lucky one out, there was bikes everywhere. Weather like this is non existent for this area @ this time of year. Don't want to sound like a braggert but.......sure did feel good. God bless, JD

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
This morning in west Tn. it was 65 degrees at 5:00 a.m. Its about 38 now on my back porch.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, don't think it got above 35 all day Sunday and went to work @ 23 this morning. Back to reality and it bites. God bless all, JD

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
We're setting records up here too - for snow fall and below normal temps! Enjoy your ride. Take a lap or two for us cold weather schlubs!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're setting records up here too - for snow fall and below normal temps! Enjoy your ride. Take a lap or two for us cold weather schlubs!

Hang in there and get all those mods done before it starts to warm back up. God bless, JD

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Yep, my wife, son and I were cruising around in my jeep, and we pulled over and took the t top off. At one point the mirror temp showed 80. We had a great day just cruising around the hill's in NE Oklahoma.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Hey JD...it sure was nice out wasn't it Saturday? I saw lots of bikers out enjoying it. Only good thing about this crazy weather this winter is that so far I've been able to set up round hay bales and water the horses on warm days! Took advantage of the weather and got some work done outside

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was out for about 5 or 6 hours on the X this weekend with some friends and I'm betting we saw 500 bikes. We were on some normally lonely highways too!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey JD...it sure was nice out wasn't it Saturday? I saw lots of bikers out enjoying it. Only good thing about this crazy weather this winter is that so far I've been able to set up round hay bales and water the horses on warm days! Took advantage of the weather and got some work done outside
Sorry to hear that WAH, I surely remember bust'n water and freez'n my tailend off a few years back. The pony I have now rests quietly in his stable and on occasion as I'm headed out will he nod and wimper just to let me know he's ready to be saddled up at a moments notice......just to make me smile:D. God bless and maybe soon Tejas and yourself can hook-up w/us on an afternoon. JD

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Been around 80 here, almost broke a record here on Christmas day. It was 80 high on Christmas, the record is 81 :D I love it! Can't stand that cold crap.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not bad up here either. -20 yesterday morning but way up to a +4 this morning. I think I'll go out for a swim if the 15 inches of ice melts off the river in this big thaw. Oh I might have to shovel a path down to the ice. Near record snowfall for Dec too. Don't ask me why I stay here. I must be out of my mind. A friend called me from California the other day and asked me what we did this past summer. I had to think awhile because I couldn't remember what week summer was here!! Think cool thoughts my brothers and sisters.:D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Geez you guys are lucky!! Summer here is 2 weeks of bad ski conditions... :cry:

And, sorry for the newbie question (cuz I am a newbie here), but where do I get the banner that I see some ppl with where you see the temperature where they live?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts