Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RED TIRE LIGHTS do any of you have these and what are your thoughts. They look kind of cool to me but I'm not sure how durable they would be.

Thanks
Lee

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Tried em (in the Blue flavor).... more of a PITA than what they are worth. Probably look and do better on my Grandson's bicycle....

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I've never seen them on bikes before, but I have seen them on tricked out import cars. I've seen them for sale at tuner shops, and if I remember correctly, they has them in multiple color options. Would definitely be an attention-getter.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've seen 'em in Wal-Mart

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I had them they never worked on the x, they worked 1/2 the time on sons little bike with training wheels only when he'd hit bumps. nojoke

you can go to any local bike shop and get them cheeper than ebay

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just called a good friend that is in Law enforcement and asked him if these were legal in Pa and his answer was "Nope, shouldn’t pass inspections, called ornamental lighting" So there a moot point for me.

Lee

·
Registered
831 Posts
You need to be careful and check the clearance of the stem once installed . It could hit something like the brake caliper, tear the valve stem and cause you to get a flat out on the road . I saw that happen to a friends Harley with bullet style valve caps . Jeff .

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
TireFlys from Wallyworld for $3.44 for 2.
Red,Blue,Purple and flashing red/white/blue.
When battery dies after about a month get another set.
Cheaper than the batteries.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks like a good idea, but i think the local law enforcement here would frown on them, underlighting is only allowed on parked vehicles

1 - 13 of 13 Posts