Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read an article the other day about this program and how reformulated gasolines don't perform as well as the regular gasolines. And that car computers after 2006 are better equipped to compensate for reformulated gasolines. Thankfully this is not an issue here in Oklahoma as we have not joined the program yet. I was about to start running 89 octane real gas than 87. The VTX fuel injection is kind of basic compared to automotive system of late. Here is a link to the EPA program so you can see if your state participates.

https://www.epa.gov/gasoline-standards/reformulated-gasoline

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
It's unlikely the VTX injection system would be negatively affected. The injection system is so basic that the "computer" doesn't much adjust for anything beyond throttle position and air flow. Pretty simple really, pretty tough to confuse.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
We run reformulated gas in Jefferson county where I buy most of my gas. I've run 87 octane with no problems & can't tell any difference when I can run Non-reformulated.

·
Old Goat
24,840 Posts
We don’t have it here...I keep all my ethanol 87 treated with seafoam....the X,my 05 civic hybrid and all my lawn equipment run just fine on it......:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts