Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 1300c i recently put on Cobra slashcuts and rejeted to the dynojet instruction. The factory jet that i took out was a 195. Dyno instructed me to put in a 195 so i did and put the Dyno needle in on third notch like the intructions said. Mixture 2.5 turns out. I have also modified my air intake cover. I used a dremel tool and cut a moltese cross in it. ANyway i put it all together and it seemed to run good, little back fire on the decel, i thought maybe having that air opening in the cover was causing it. so i taped up the back of it, put it back on and it really ran like crap hesitated backfired, man it just plain sucked. When you rejet does the engine require more air? So i took the tape off the back and put it back on. I also put a marble in the pair valve hose, it runs good but i am still getting a back fire sometimes and it seems kinda sluggish at mid throttle. Any advise would be helpful

·
Registered
171 Posts
Might want to try the 200 MJ or move the clip to the 4th notch. Just do one at a time. I would try the 200 first.

G

·
0 Posts
On my '04 Retro I set everything the same and it ran okay. I then put a K&N filter in and it ran great. I think the 195 with the 3rd clip is a little rich for just adding slipons.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
You probably didn't need to rejet with the Cobra's.Did it run alright with the Cobra's with the stock jetting?The dealers around here tell me that they take way more jet kits out to get bikes to run decent than they have ever put in.I am on the plains of SD so I assume that our elevation is similar to yours in IA.I believe that we are about 2300'.

·
Registered
171 Posts
After thought, I would say the other guys are right and I am wrong. You are probably still a little rich. You might try the old technique that is mentioned on here about turning off the fuel at mid throttle. If rpm/power increases after the fuel is off then you are rich.

·
Registered
238 Posts
This is something simple and you have probably checked this already but before making to many adjustments check your 2 exhaust bolts on each pipe they have a tendency to back off a little sometimes which will cause the same backfire or popping sound at decel.

Running a 210 jet in mine on 4th notch-21/2 turns--3" Big Striaghts---K&N with teardrop.

operator

·
Registered
51 Posts
I jetted my bike last weekend and it worked like crap mid throttle with the 3rd clip, I griund down one notch on the needle and put clip on 4th notch and it worked perfectly.

Mike
04 1300 c

1 - 8 of 8 Posts