Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Check the Air Cutoff valve diaphragm.

Expensive little sucker.. Cover, spring and diaphragm/valve
Fill it with RTV??? Rubber tire tube to make a new diaphragm??

14 VALVE SET, AIR CUT 16048-MZ8-H00 In Stock $84.02 $65.02

Look up MR VTX Carb 101 for carb teardown pix.
I think a rubber tire tube will dissolve with gas, possibly contaminating the carb. Just a heads up. You'll want to use something fuel safe for this IMO.

·
Registered
10,855 Posts
I think a rubber tire tube will dissolve with gas, possibly contaminating the carb. Just a heads up. You'll want to use something fuel safe for this IMO.
Looks like manifold vacuum on one side and air on the other side. Valve closes air to low speed jet, richer mixture does NOT ignite.
Also if someone wold have a defective ACO diaphragm then to investigate if JBM Industries would make one for a VTX.
I am using a JBM Industries slide valve diaphragm.
http://jbmindustries.com/aboutus.html
Or get in touch with me...

OEM ACO hose plugged, quiet at 50 > 35 MPH decel, pops at 80>60 MPH decel, pops at 20 MPH decel in 1st gear(this was the loudest).
My first half dozen 50 MPH decels were quiet, wind noise may have masked some pops.

At 3500 feet or higher my X is a pop-corn popper. Constrained some by baffling, not explosions nor gunshots..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Looks like manifold vacuum on one side and air on the other side. Valve closes air to low speed jet, richer mixture does NOT ignite.
Also if someone wold have a defective ACO diaphragm then to investigate if JBM Industries would make one for a VTX.
I am using a JBM Industries slide valve diaphragm.
http://jbmindustries.com/aboutus.html
Or get in touch with me...

OEM ACO hose plugged, quiet at 50 > 35 MPH decel, pops at 80>60 MPH decel, pops at 20 MPH decel in 1st gear(this was the loudest).
My first half dozen 50 MPH decels were quiet, wind noise may have masked some pops.

At 3500 feet or higher my X is a pop-corn popper. Constrained some by baffling, not explosions nor gunshots..
Sorry, my bad brother. I had my mind on the petcock diaphragm and did not read your post closely enough. My apologies.

·
Registered
10,855 Posts
Sorry, my bad brother. I had my mind on the petcock diaphragm and did not read your post closely enough. My apologies.
No apologies needed!
LoL ....
ACO diaphragm vs petcock diaphragm!

SeaSteve Post #7- AND still got the "One-Shot" backfire... But now it was a muffled PHUMF sound I could live with.
Mine has this at random times.

Harkon your post #8 was informative! Thank You!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts