Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought Viking saddle bags and require relocating signals to license plate area. The gave a kit, but in instructions stated for Harley. I will have to mod bracket, but the stock signals won't look nice and then I'll have 2 holes to plug. Anyone tackle this already?
3003 VTX1300S

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
The issue of aftermarket bags hitting or interfering with the stock rear turn signals is one many have faced. Personally, my solution was to simply replace the stock signals with shorter/low profile signals (see photos). I currently have Viking bags on my VTX, as seen in the bottom most photo, but I have a custom plate the bags are mounted to that holds them out from the bike.

To me, this is the best solution that allows your aftermarket bags and also allows fender mounted signals so you don't have holes to fill. Viking bags sells a quick disconnect system that holds your bags away from the fender some: Viking Saddlebags Quick Disconnect System For Honda VTX

I suggest you take measurements of how much clearance you'll have after your bags are mounted and then order a set of signals low enough to clear the bags.

Here is a link to where you can buy low profile quality signals: Featured - LED Signal Lights

Some have opted to order license plate holders with the integrated signals built into them, but then you have fender holes to fill.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I can't find a pic of the back of my bike at the moment, but here is a video of my signals, and the LED brake light with built in signals.

The PO put round red reflectors in the holes left by the stock signals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts