Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever moved the ignition switch? If so where? I was thinking about trying to move mine.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I know some people have put remote ignition on their bike and moved the ignition behind the side cover. I put remote ignition and starter on mine, but left the stock ignition just in case i want to use the key, which I don't anymore except unlocking the forks and helmet lock..

·
Registered
520 Posts
ignition switch

Just wondering where can a person purchase this remote starter switch?

·
Registered
691 Posts
I actually purchased a universal remote lighting system for under thirty bucks. But, the guy sent me an alarm system instead he had laying around. After reading really bad foreign instructions in english, i figured out how to wire it to work for me. There was a ignition disable which would flip a relay when armed, which instead I made turn on my ignition, and then there was a trunk opening button with would flip another relay only while the button was pressed, which I wired into the starter. I still think a universal remote system would have been easier, but this thing worked for me pretty well..I just have to leave it in neutral and with the kill switch on if I want to remote start it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts