Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently a rider with the Louisiana X'Riders. I ride a Black (fastest color) 1300 Retro. I live just outside New Orleans. Am waiting to interview for a new job in Atlanta Perimeter area.

Need to know middle class area that I could look for a townhouse or small single with Garage for lease. Realize I may have a bit of a drive to get into work but right now can't afford over 1000.00 a month note preferably less. Only need 2 bedroom living are.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Im not familiar with all of atlantas rent rates but the areas i do know about you wont do much better than a grand a month especially if you want a garage.
good luck check out the local papers classified if you havent already
http://www.ajcclassifieds.com/

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Relocating

Thanks dave, that helps. I just need to make sure I have a place to store my bike. Car can stay outside but bike needs its own room. also I have quite a few tools and yard items that I need a place to store.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hey Sticks - If you're looking at the Atlanta Perimeter area, you're kind of limited as to where you live. Most of the Northern suburbs are getting to be absoultly packed in and real estate is skyrocketing. Alpharetta is crazy high prices as is Norcross. Buckhead - forget it....Inside the perimeter is where all the ultra rich liberals live. Roswell - that's a maybe as is Marietta/Symrna, but they've kind of been overrun with Mexican imigrants and very few folks speak english over there anymore. The thing is...there's getting to be very few affordable places to live anymore around here. We have a 2,200 sq ft house that we bought 6 years ago for $127,000. However, we're WAY out in no mans land (Northern Paulding County) and it's about an hour and a half from the downtown Atlanta area. Long and the short of it is, you're gonna have to commute if you want cheaper housing.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Relocating

Yea Rainman, I figured as much. This really sucks. I live in a nice neighborhood in Metairie, about 3 miles from my office, 20 minutes from New Orleans and pay 600.00 for a 2 bedroom 1 bath house large drive and 40 ft covered carport with work shop in rear. Across street from 180.000 townhomes and 120.000 single family homes.

Its an old house but very comfortable. Guess I will have to weigh all the pro's and cons.

What about the Gwinett area? And no I dont speak spanish

G

·
0 Posts
Sticks,
Try the following web site. You will be able to do a search in any Atlanta area for the type of housing you are looking to get into. http://www.remax-greateratlantaga.com/
If you need anything else let me know, I have several people in the business that specialize in relocations. I hope this gives you some help.
Ethosb

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
ethosb said:
Sticks,
Try the following web site. You will be able to do a search in any Atlanta area for the type of housing you are looking to get into. http://www.remax-greateratlantaga.com/
If you need anything else let me know, I have several people in the business that specialize in relocations. I hope this gives you some help.
Ethosb
Sticks, also try the MLS site, it free and you don't get spammed by realtors! I'd recommend Smyrna as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Relocation

Kelly,

I remember you from the LA board. (I lurk every now and then being from Kenner originally.) I live about 40 minutes north of Marrietta. How far are ya willing to commute?

I can say this for sure, you will be blown away by the riding opportunities in North GA.

Let me know if I can help. We relocated here a year ago.

Paul

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Sticks...you didn't say what part of the Perimeter...NSEW? It's a big 'ole loop. :lol:

Narrowing it down would help solicit some better advice. The drive, or more precisely, which major "spoke" you would likely use (I75, I85, GA400, I20), can dictate where you want to live.

Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
relocating

Sticks,
I'm in Gwinnett Co. I've owned 4 houses in Atlanta in the last 25 yrs so I'm not versed on the "apartment" life. You might want to pick up the Atlanta Journal or search on line for something but Gwinnett might be a possibility. Pachary is right....anywhere in the north...northwest...northeast part of Atlanta will put you in a short distance to some great north georgia riding. If I have 4 to 5 hrs I can get into the mountains and home.
Good luck on your search. BTW...just an option...my bro in law does lease to purchase on some renovations he's done. Down side is the downpament. Up side is no loan to go through for a couple of years and they're all houses which would afford you a garage. Just a possibility.
Ron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts