Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAD A SUZUKI MARAUDER BEFORE MY 06 1300R AND THE SWITCH WAS LOCATED ON THE RIGHT SIDE WHICH I REALLY LIKE. HAS ANYONE MOVED THEIR SWITCH ON THEIR VTX AND IF SO, WHERE? ANY REPLIES WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
The other right?
Honda puts them on the right side below the Kill switch the left is the horn button. :eek:

·
Registered
905 Posts
2007VTX said:
do you mean ignition switch where you put your key?
That must be what he means.

To the O.P., if that is what you mean, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to relocate it.....if you can find room anywhere else. Or you could just get rid of it altogether, maybe a hidden toggle or something somewhere to replace it........

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Sounds to me like a lot of wasted time that could be better utilized riding.

What's the net gain?

:-D

Eddie

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
eddiecohen said:
Sounds to me like a lot of wasted time that could be better utilized riding.

What's the net gain?

:-D

Eddie
:roll:

t3racingtj, you can move it anywhere you want depending on how you make the bracket to mount it. there are no "aftermarket" kits to move the ignition, but many of us have either made brackets or replace the keyed switch with a simple toggle switch

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
STARTER SWITCH

HEY! IT IS KEWL ON THE RAZZING. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT BEING MORE SPECIFIC. YES, I AM REFERRING TO THE KEY IGNITION. I AM USED TO BEING ABLE TO CUTTING OFF THE BIKE BEFORE HAVING TO RELEASE THE CLUTCH HANDLE. THAT WAY I CAN LEAVE IT IN 1ST GEAR AND NOT HAVE TO PUT IT IN NEUTRAL TO RELEASE CLUTCH HANDLE TO REACH DOWN AND TURN OFF KEY. I AGREE IT IS NOT A BIG DEAL, JUST A MATTER OF CONVIENENCE. I AM SURE THAT YOU EDDIE CUSTOMIZED YOUR BIKE LIKE YOU WANTED SO NOW I AM TRYING TO DO THE SAME. I APPRECIATE ALL THE REPLIES, MOST WERE VERY HELPFUL IN HELPING ME TO DETERMINE A METHOD IN ACHIEVING MY OBJECTIVE. THANKS TJ

·
Registered
938 Posts
Or you could just put your kickstand down and it will turn the bike off then you can reach down and pull your key out. This is what I do and I haven't forgot to put the stand down yet, knock on wood :D

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
GEEK13 said:
Or you could just put your kickstand down and it will turn the bike off then you can reach down and pull your key out. This is what I do and I haven't forgot to put the stand down yet, knock on wood :D
Yep

Eddie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts