Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let those know that have purchased this fairing and stereo, that our radio accepts a "wired remote". Our stereo model, Jensen MSR4050G, accepts the MWR43, MWR75, or MWR100 wired remotes. I ordered one, MWR100, the other day from Marine Electronics Unlimited (I think??) for $69.00 and received it today. I couldn't seem to be able to find the MWR43, must be discontinued for the newest models. Haven't installed it yet, got to figure out how (bracket/mount design). It is a thru-wall model, so a little design will be necessary. Just thought others might like to know that this is available, so we don't have to reach over the bars anymore. Seems to be a good SAFETY feature! I'll keep you posted on how the install goes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a fairing coming today in the mail & I've been thinking about researching the remotes.
How deep is your remote, because the dimension I read are 2"? Thats a little bigger of a device than I want on the handlebars.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xsivone, yeah that's about what it is. I wanted the MWR43 but couldn't seem to find it, everywhere except Boaters World said it was no longer carried, so I went with the MWR100. Boaters World said they would ship it once received from the manufacturer. It didn't show up when I went to Jensen Marine, so I couldn't justify the potential wait to here that it is no longer available. I have a GPS on a RAM mount too, so the thickness wasn't of much concern. Already, have something big mounted to the bars :lol: Just have to figure out how I'll mount it. Having rode with my fairing now two weeks, sound is great but reaching over the bars ain't that much fun. I would have lived with it until JaredVTX, in the electronics forum, brought up the question of handle bar controls. Now I can definitely see the advantage of mounting the remote up next to the grips for thumb control of the stereo. It does have large buttons, so should be easy to use with gloves. Good luck on a search for something smaller, but I wouldn't let its size keep you from purchasing if you can't find anything else.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I worked my a## off last winter to find a remote for my fairing. I replaced my radio with a JVC and the remote is about the size of a pocket knife. I will post a picture tonight. Buzz

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The backside has two screw holes for mounting to a bracket or flush mounting, centerline horizontally. It is also threaded on the sides, for thru-wall, with a large nut to hold it mounted to the console of a boat. Would like to cover up the threaded sides too, but will live with it if I can't. After work this morning, will start working on figuring out the mount and side thread coverage. No time last night before work. I'll keep you posted on what I find and will post pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts