Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a 240 wheel removes the same as stock????...or do I have to dismantel the drive shaft?? for clearance issues. How far does wheel need to go sideways before it will drop out??
FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS TO ALL

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
When you run a 240, the final drive has to complete come off to get the wheel off, no if ands or buts.

Does anyone know if a 240 wheel removes the same as stock????...or do I have to dismantel the drive shaft?? for clearance issues. How far does wheel need to go sideways before it will drop out??

Thanx!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

Thanx!
No. It's a project for sure. You can't just move the wheel/tire to the right and drop it out. I cant type it all out or my fingers will be bleeding. Do a search or go to http://www.stumpwerx.com/forums.html and search there. Alot more info at Stumps on the fat tire stuff.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
www.bareasschoppers.com you will find the info there
I am not aware of anything on bares site that pertains to the fat tire install and removal. It has a GREAT write up for the stock wheel setup and many other things however. Many other great articles and tech items there.

·
Registered
898 Posts

PITA:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Yeah, I removed my rear wheel to give it a major cleaning/polishing today. It is a major PITA!! That's the price you gotta pay for the "custom" "fat-azz" look I guess. I remember thinking as I installed it for the first time that I would cuss everytime I have to take it off or put it on, and I do, A LOT:cus::cus:

·
Registered
1 Posts
What did u have to do????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts