Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to remove the VTX1800 emblems on the tank and the Honda emblems on the side covers. Has anyone done this and if so, can you tell me how you did it? I am concerned that harm might be caused to the paint. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Use the search (top one not google) there were several write ups about doing that. I think they were using dental floss :roll:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Doubled over dental floss, lubed with WD40. Saw close to the tank. I used Goo Gone on the residue then hit it with Honda Spray and Shine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Emblem removal

Thanks for everyone's quick responses.

·
Super Moderator
63,768 Posts
Bookmark this website, http://tech.vtxoa.com This is the sister site to this message board and contains all your How-to/Tips/Tricks/Why’s and links to other helpful sites for your new VTX. It has the removal on there too. 8)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
i just used my fingers and pulled them off, the 3M tape was a PITA to get off. the emblem on the tank came off in pieces, im sure its not the best way to get them off but i was getting them painted anyway so it didnt really matter. did it with no damage at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts