Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going all LED and removed all stock turn signals. What is left is in the pic. There is a thread on here about removing the chrome fork covers, is that what is above the vacant turn signal space? I was confused because the lower chrome covers on the fork have a Showa sticker on them, wasn't sure if they were aftermarket. Also, any idea what size the fork is after those are removed? I measured 7" (177.9mm) around where the turn signal was, the biggest TrueWrapz made is 56mm (2.20472"), am I measuring or converting wrong? :dontknow: Thanks.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i did the same thing. i havent done anything about it yet. i think someone makes an upper fork skin thats full length.
:popcorn:

·
Registered
650 Posts
I think Kewl metal makes those fork tube covers. Other than that, this time your on your own man. I'm still running OEM fronts. :) Good luck.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Honda sold chrome inserts that fill that void when you remove the turn signals. I had them on my bike but I just went to there site to find the part #and you cant even look up accessories for the 1800 anymore.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I am going all LED and removed all stock turn signals. What is left is in the pic. There is a thread on here about removing the chrome fork covers, is that what is above the vacant turn signal space? I was confused because the lower chrome covers on the fork have a Showa sticker on them, wasn't sure if they were aftermarket. Also, any idea what size the fork is after those are removed? I measured 7" (177.9mm) around where the turn signal was, the biggest TrueWrapz made is 56mm (2.20472"), am I measuring or converting wrong? :dontknow: Thanks.
you measured circumference. they list as diameter. take your measurement and divide by pi. 56MM should fit.

Honda sold chrome inserts that fill that void when you remove the turn signals. I had them on my bike but I just went to there site to find the part #and you cant even look up accessories for the 1800 anymore.

08V31-MCV-100E Chrome Fork Tube Cover Set

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
where can you order these?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since I am trying to sell things and make money, not spend much more this season, are those upper chrome covers easy to remove? I found a write-up that seemed simple, my question is, I have the bike on the PepsX stand, do I have to take it off and have the front tire touching the ground, yet not compressed, or can I leave it on the stand? Thanks.

Also, doubt I will do it, but are the lowers hard to remove? I was thinking for both the top and bottom, why not cut them off like they were a cast and not disassemble anything??? :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
until you find what youre lookin for take the stock mounting brackets and put the left one on the right side the right one on the left side then turn them so that the part that sticks out to connect the light to is facein inside the forks and reinstall them its not great but it will allow you to fill in the gap until you can get some new tubes . and it really does not look all that bad for a temporary fix

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Since I am trying to sell things and make money, not spend much more this season, are those upper chrome covers easy to remove? I found a write-up that seemed simple, my question is, I have the bike on the PepsX stand, do I have to take it off and have the front tire touching the ground, yet not compressed, or can I leave it on the stand? Thanks.

Also, doubt I will do it, but are the lowers hard to remove? I was thinking for both the top and bottom, why not cut them off like they were a cast and not disassemble anything??? :dontknow:
They are easy to remove, but you just have to drop the forks out of the trees. The upper ones each have a bolt securing them to the upper tree. The lower covers just pull right off the forks when they are out of the trees.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
These show N/R/S, anyone know if they will fit an SPec 3 F?
The mount for the turn signal is the same for all spec 3 bikes. However the upper fork tubes are different part numbers for the 2005-2008 C/F than for the R/S/T/N. I would say they should fit without an issue.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
08V31-MCV-100E Chrome Fork Tube Cover Set

I broke down and ordered these. Hopefully they will fit. I had to order up some moly and Dyna Beads for the Darkside of the project anyways, so I ordered it all from Direct Line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts