Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got Hard Chrome big three's and have been wondering what the bike would sound like without them.. ive tried to remove them but to no success. does anyone know how to remove them? and is it worth the loss in power? thanks

G

·
0 Posts
themurph544 said:
I could use a louder sound from my 3”ers, if I take the baffles out will that effect the jetting or performance in any way ?? The dealer did the pipes and hypercharger so I don’t know what combo it is…. thanks in advance
From my post on another thread ... figured I would try here too !!

·
Registered
100 Posts
pull baffle

Here's what I did on mine:

1. Bend a wire coat hanger into a 'U'
2. Remove Hard tip and baffle allen screw.
3. re-screw the baffle screw back into the baffle from the inside (just enough to hold, not through the outer pipe).
4. wrap coat hanger around screw.
5. lay on floor, put your foot on the rear tire.
6. Pull baffle using coat hanger as a pull handle.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have em..

2 screws. One in the end cap, one that holds the baffle in place. Locate near the bottom of pipes by rear tire. Use the coat hanger trick or whatever means to pull em.

I pulled mine and loved the deep sound, but the performance loss was what had me putting em back in....last night, I cut the stock baffles and pulled out the spiral "baffling" material inside and am basically running a straight through....loud as he77.....deep low rumble at idle....and no noticable performance loss. I still will probably go with the Thunder Monsters....but you couldn't beat this for a FREE mod.....

The riders behind you will either love you or hate you for blowing out their eardrums!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts