Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I remove my front turn signals, do I have to do anything to the electrical system to make the rears still work right? :?:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No

no... I am going for the clean look up front. Missouri law does not require them. (As far as I know!)

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
cbrushwood said:
If I remove my front turn signals, do I have to do anything to the electrical system to make the rears still work right? :?:
Simply put; NO. You would of course need to make sure to cover the loose ends in your headlight bucket. The only way load EQ's would be needed would be if you go to LED's ........ :D Rod

·
Registered
841 Posts
RODS X said:
cbrushwood said:
Simply put; NO. You would of course need to make sure to cover the loose ends in your headlight bucket. The only way load EQ's would be needed would be if you go to LED's ........ :D Rod
He'd need the load equalizers unless he didn't mind his turn signals flashing twice as fast. (Remember the flasher is load dependent - remove half the load and it will flash faster. Try taking out one bulb, and you'll see.)

G

·
0 Posts
3D said:
RODS X said:
cbrushwood said:
He'd need the load equalizers unless he didn't mind his turn signals flashing twice as fast. (Remember the flasher is load dependent - remove half the load and it will flash faster. Try taking out one bulb, and you'll see.)
I agree with Dan. A easy way to check is pull both front bulbs and see what happens......I noticed a big difference when I cut my rear wires in flashing speed....

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I inadvertently did that over the weekend and there were no problems. I was installing a light bar and had already removed my front turn signals when I needed to make a run to the hardware store. My rear turn signals as well as my turn signal indicators worked fine on that trip. The only thing you need to do it keep your front turn signal wires from touching. :)

·
Registered
983 Posts
If you run it with nothing for awhile you will burn things up without an equalizer. Learned that to many dang years ago. You can have the clean look and still let folks know which way you are turning with small bullets or mirror lights better way to go but my opinion. Like to see ya still riding in 20 yrs. Cya, Lep

·
Super Moderator
63,857 Posts
As this has been talked about many times, I'll say it again. You do not see it in Missouri laws because it is a Federal law that all vehicles must have turn signals before they leave the factory. These signals can not be removed by dealers or owners. They are mandatory safety equipment. However, there are people like you that say to heck with safety, I'm gonna remove them to look "Clean". I'll wish you well on roads that people don't care about others on the roadways. 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts