Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AS mentioned i am going to the Dark Side :twisted: . but in order for me to do this i need help from the dark side on how to remove my rear tire on my 02 1800 Retro. the more detail the better or if there is a website with pictures that would be great. i have never removed a rear tire on a bike with a drive shaft before and i dont want to mess up. i have to do this because i cant find anyone who will take it off the bike AND put the CT on around here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
go to bareasschoppers.com very good write up. use moly on the splines available at hdl or your local honda shop. did a 205/65/16 on mine with no problems. do not have any air in the tire. very easy and fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
You want to put a car tire on your bike & you don't even know how to take the wheel off??????
You can't find anyone to do it because it is STUPID.
Good luck sport. Hope you save alot of money doing that. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
MCLAREN said:
You want to put a car tire on your bike & you don't even know how to take the wheel off??????
You can't find anyone to do it because it is STUPID.
Good luck sport. Hope you save alot of money doing that. :roll:
Whats stupid, not knowing how to take the wheel off or going to the darkside? Found a ct works well for me. Dont knock it till you try it! :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
MCLAREN,

I think you could have completely skipped that posting. It provided nothing to this man's valid question. If you don't like the idea of a CT on a bike then I think most of us can respect that. No need to insult others because of their choices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
939 Posts
MCLAREN said:
You want to put a car tire on your bike & you don't even know how to take the wheel off??????
You can't find anyone to do it because it is STUPID.
Good luck sport. Hope you save alot of money doing that. :roll:
Some people never cease to amaze me. +1 LansingX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,182 Posts
MCLAREN said:
You want to put a car tire on your bike & you don't even know how to take the wheel off??????
You can't find anyone to do it because it is STUPID.
Good luck sport. Hope you save alot of money doing that. :roll:
What is stupid is being a NOOB and spouting off about things you know NOTHING about.

Check the VTX garage stickies - Bare has all the info you need to pull your tire. If you have a jack it is cake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
668 Posts
McLaren, You post like you got your hand in your pocket all day. If you don't know or cannot contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way, then stay the f%^k out.

This board is designed to help other X riders with problems encountered or indeed tips and tricks to help other riders. Your post does neither.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Boy Racer said:
McLaren, You post like you got your hand in your pocket all day. If you don't know or cannot contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way, then stay the f%^k out.

This board is designed to help other X riders with problems encountered or indeed tips and tricks to help other riders. Your post does neither.
Could not have said it better myself mate!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Two_yr_old Just went to the Darkside myself!!! Good choice!!!! Hope you got the information that you needed!!!! If not PM me and i will at least attempt to get you started in the right direction!!!!

Later

Hoovey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,633 Posts
If you've never pulled the wheel off yet it may be a lot eaiser if you find a bud that has and help and watch the first time, then you'll see how easy it really is.

Also while your in there, check the flange bearing, clean and re-grease the drive gear, inspect the brake pads while the calliper is hanging there, clean and re-grease the axle, maybe some clean-up in the swing arm area while the wheel is off.

Nothing like catching a few tips from someone that can show and explain as you go.. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all,

First i would like to thank all of you for all of your help. i got 'er done and it was a little easier than i had thought but didnt want to mess anything up as i went. I now have a 205/60R16 rear tire. it feels good being a member of the dark side :twisted: . Now all i have to do is wait for monday to come so my vance and hines big shots will be here and ill be ready for this years Sturgis Rally and Races.

Thanks to all agin
Daniel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
984 Posts
Two_yr_old said:
Hi all,

First i would like to thank all of you for all of your help. i got 'er done and it was a little easier than i had thought but didnt want to mess anything up as i went. I now have a 205/60R16 rear tire. it feels good being a member of the dark side :twisted: . Now all i have to do is wait for monday to come so my vance and hines big shots will be here and ill be ready for this years Sturgis Rally and Races.

Thanks to all agin
Daniel
It's too bad MCLAREN couldn't have better used his time helping you instead of posting his childish comments.

Glad to see you got it done. I was just getting ready to write the details you asked for to remove the rear wheel. Glad I read your post first. I hope you like the CT. What brand did you purchase? I plan on going to the Darkside when I'm due for a new tire.


Jack
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top