Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How the heck did you guys who have done this get that lower bolt out? It hits the swingarm before it comes out. I tried disconnecting the shocks, but the swingarm does not drop far enough for the bolt to clear. Not even close! What gives?

What's the trick? :?:

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, this won't happen very often, but I figured it out on my own.

if you have the Bigshots, disconnecting the shocks still won't give you enough down travel because the swingarm hits the mounting bracket for them....

Disconnect that bracket and you can get enough room to work letting the swingarm down! 8)

Bracket install done, man they look a lot cleaner too! 8) :D

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, but now what can you use for passenger peg extensions to clear the pipes? :shock: I have the Kury 360* adjustables. No go, the angle they are at won't work (I kinda anticipated that one) so I have the Cyclistic ones here too. Nope, not happening.... what are any other options? I still need to lower the peg height a bit.... the stock pegs I'm betting could melt because they are so close to the pipes.

I might have to make my own? :? I'm already in the works for a custom seat pan that I still don't know how I'm going to make :lol:

Also, I have not been able to find rear peg adapters for these things very easily... help would be appreciated.

OK, ramble done.... this just got a lot more complicated... :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.