Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Renegade Classics Apparel in Janesville, WI is a 4,000 sq. ft. shop with motorcycle apparel & "STUFF" :p

"From gloves to leathers, from rain gear to luggage we have everything that today’s rider needs for good looks and protection all at a reasonable price."

Storeowners, Tom and Corrina Dorcey, have generously offered the WIVO group a store discount of 15% during our Ride-in. Just show up in the group so they can get a picture of us for their newsletter, and mention to the sales people that you are with the WIVO group!
http://www.renegadeclassics.biz/

I have a half-dozen people that are going to join me from the NW suburbs, if you would like to join us please feel free to post. Our route will be out of the NW suburbs and up Hwy 14 into Janesville. Leaving at 10:30 from Palatine, IL it will take us 1.5 - 2 hours to arrive in Janesville. We can stop to meet up along Hwy 14.

Come join us!

Meet-up points:
Doyle's @ 10:00 for the north siders Bluto, Greedy
David's garage for the Mt. Prospect area @ 10:00 David, Bob, Bob, ?
14 & 53 (Holiday Inn parking lot) @ 10:15 - 6STRINGMAN
Menards 14 & 31 @ 11:00 - all above meeting for the ride up Hwy 14 to Janesville
Renegade Classics @ ~12:30 destination and meet up with WI members

VTXFlyer, are we meeting you on the road somewhere?

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Say hi to Elvis for me!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Man, I'd love to meet some x riders. I have the kids this weekend. I may be able to make it though. I'll be in the cage though with them, if I go. I was in Renegade a couple days ago. What a great store and very reasonable prices.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Looks like I will be out on this one. Saturday is the start of Little League, no I dont play, but my son does (That was for Mike Werk, cut him off before he got a chance to get started :lol: ) and he got the "nod" to be the starting pitcher, so I MUST be there.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Would like to go but have people coming to take our baby paraphernalia away this weekend.

That is, however, along the way for the route I was thinking of if we put together a ride to Yellowstone Lake, WI. Maybe stop by again some time.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Looks like I should be able to make it. As long as the sitter doesn't fall through! Do you want to meet up in Crystal Lake? How about at the Honda Dealer or Hooters Parking lot? Say 11 am?

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bluto said:
Looks like I should be able to make it. As long as the sitter doesn't fall through! Do you want to meet up in Crystal Lake? How about at the Honda Dealer or Hooters Parking lot? Say 11 am?
Sounds like a plan. How 'bout Menards behind the Hooters at 11:00 a.m. I'll be there with as many as I can get to not chicken out. :evil:

Some of my group are gettin' a little jittery due to the potential for showers on Sat. afternoon. I told them that is why we are going to Renegade Classics Accessories; they have rain suits at the store! :p

I gotta break the newbies in...

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
David said:
Sounds like a plan. How 'bout Menards behind the Hooters at 11:00 a.m. I'll be there with as many as I can get to not chicken out. :evil:
okie dokie! Hopefully the sitter will confirm this evening.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My riding buddies at work are dropping like flies due to the possible rain.

I'll be there though, rain or shine. It's time to ride!

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys from work are at my garage at 10:00, then up Hwy 14 to meet Bluto in Crystal Lake at 11:00, then up to Janesville.

Do you want to meet on Hwy 14 & 53 in the Holiday Inn parking lot at 10:15?

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
bluto said:
David said:
okie dokie! Hopefully the sitter will confirm this evening.
Sounds like :a13: but...............I'm working on it.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
David said:
I think what's really happening is that you told 'em some other VTX's were coming along as well and that is the real reason for chickening out. All the forcasts I see call for some light rain overnight saturday night. I need to be home long before that! :D

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
how far west ar yall going to make it?

currious... in Iowa 5 miles from the Illiy border....... Guess i need to look at a map to see yourt route.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My Comcast (internet at home) account has been up and down for the last week, if you can't reach me by posts or PM, call me.

847-331-5153

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: how far west ar yall going to make it?

dave shady said:
currious... in Iowa 5 miles from the Illiy border....... Guess i need to look at a map to see yourt route.
Dave, we're probably not getting much farther west than I-39, so still pretty far from you. :(

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bluto said:
David said:
I think what's really happening is that you told 'em some other VTX's were coming along as well and that is the real reason for chickening out. All the forcasts I see call for some light rain overnight saturday night. I need to be home long before that! :D
Three of them are on NEWLY acquired VTX's, they want to meet some of the WIVO's. I think they just aren't sure how to handle a rain trip. We're going to a store that has rain gear :!:

I can't wait until they have to drive home from Bopp's or Doyle's in a driving thunderstorm like we did last year. That is what separates the men from the boys. I don't think Acrotech had a windshield then (not that that thing he has now is any protection :shock: ), what a ride that was :? :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts