Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to loan me the fork spring tool for changing out the fork springs on my VTX1800F? I am going to replace the springs as well as the seals due to some leakage on my front right fork.
Please advise.
Thanks,
BigAlCam

·
Registered
13,465 Posts
You can make your own!
Make about 8 cuts approximately 1/4" to 3/8" deep.
Then bend the tabs in. Some drilling or cutting may be required to get a 1/2" or so bolt in.
Find washers that just fit the ID and use a bolt to match.
Then cut the other end as needed.

·
Registered
2003 VTX1800C Illusion Blue, V&H pipes, K&N a/f, mustang seat w adj rest, Memphis shield, MTC clutch
308 Posts
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to loan me the fork spring tool for changing out the fork springs on my VTX1800F? I am going to replace the springs as well as the seals due to some leakage on my front right fork.
Please advise.
Thanks,
BigAlCam
I've got one, be willing to loan out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got one, be willing to loan out.
Thanks. TTT. My address is:
Allen Campbell
7225 Cane Hollow Rd
Hixson, Tn. 37343
I will, of course, put a check or cash in the return shipment to cover your cost. Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 VTX1800C Illusion Blue, V&H pipes, K&N a/f, mustang seat w adj rest, Memphis shield, MTC clutch
308 Posts
I've got the correct seal driver if you'll need it. It fits neatly into the shipping box along with the fork tool. If you need it , I'll include it. MIKE (TTT)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Mike, I would definitely appreciate it!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks Mike, I would definitely appreciate it!
It's on the way. Should be there on the 11th. Just under 11 bucks shipping with USPS. The spring tool fits snugly, you may need to tap the end to ensure you have it seated in the lugs. You'll need the blue tape on the seal tool to help protect the fork tube. I've done mine 2 times over the past couple years ( replaced the stock springs, replaced the fork seals) . Should have replaced the seals when I did the springs...MIKE (TTT)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a set of VTX 1800F fork springs that were in my bike for a year maybe have 4000 miles on them if anyone could use them. Just pay shipping and they are yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts