Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally got around to replacing my stock kickstand with another stock kickstand. Project cost = 12 bucks... more bling = priceless. Who knows maybe I will pick up 12 to 15 bucks for my stock one. Anyways, I'm happy with the change.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Dang! Now I'm gonna have to rub mine out, too. Awkward sanding - hahaha!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Lol. Why rub it out when you can pay someone else peanuts for a shiny shaft?

chkmte77 - I know the picture skews the length, but they are the same size.
I was going to quote just part of that, but no... all of it! All of it gets -
TWSS!!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got mine on Ebay. Just look at the pictures to make sure you get a shiny one. I had no idea they one I was getting was longer.
I do have a stock F model one for sale now. Its the right kickstand in the 3rd picture above. Its shorter so weight reduction. That is why all the F models are faster from the factory...

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
If anyone is interested for $23 I can send you a chrome one. It has a hole in the flat part with a chrome that makes it easier to find with your foot when you get ready to put it down. I'll try to post a pic if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Good find, by the way.
So what is the overall length of the longer one, and what is the length of your original stock one?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
VTX53R,

Sorry to get back to you so late... The "new" kickstand is an inch longer (11.5 inches now). I measured along the back of the kickstand starting from the top of the round mounting point to the heal of the kickstand. The shaft on the original one is slightly more girthy though.

The takeaway...

It comes down to more girth or more length. It's a simple way to add an inch if that is what you're looking for. When I showed my girl, she was impressed with the extra length.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts