Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, First post here. I have decided to replace the stock exhaust. I have read a lot of threads on here regarding Bubs and Vance and Hines. I have an 07 c model and think the longshots are just a bit too long for my taste. I have narrowed it down to two sets of pipes either the Bubs Jug Huggers or the vance and Hines Cruzers. I am looking for help on deciding. I have listened to sound clips of both and think both sound great. Unfortunately I have a very small group of people I ride with that is mostly family and none of them have the same bike or exhaust I am looking for. I see the general consensus on the boards is that Bubs is the way to go but is it really worth the price difference? I saw that the cruzers get a decibal reading of about 97 and the Bubs 107. However the Bubs are a little over 200$ more on average. I am kind of worried if i get the cruzers exhaust ill want louder eventually but I also have seen that the Bubs are pretty dang loud and not sure if I want that exhaust that loud if it really is as ridiculously loud as people say they are (the wife isnt a fan)
. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a set of Cobra Dragsters, but think on your bike, by the look of the profile picture it would be sweet with a set of Cobra Speedster Slashdowns. My pipes have almost 45k miles on them since they were installed and they are holding up very well. only right up by my leg you can see that the guy that owned it before me burnt a rain suit or something on them, but they have polished up very nicely.

http://www.cobrausa.com/honda/vtx1300c_04_06_1/motorcycle_exhausts/speedster_slashdown/1832/

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
See if there is a bike night near you and go try and find a bike like yours and meet the owner and ask for a sound check. Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
I had cruzers. I liked them they were not crazy loud but if there not loud enough there is fiberglass packing that can be removed to make them louder. I got rid of the cruzers because I always wanted longer pipes. After I added go fast parts in my engine the pipes got louder. So I figured since there loud anyway I might as well get big shots
You realy should hear them live before deciding if they're woth 200 more

Sent from a stone tablet and chisel

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How loud would you say the cruzers were? were they loud enough to be satisfied with the volume or did you want louder? also how was the tone? I heard the are pretty deep for how short they are. thanks for the reply

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How is the tone of the Cobras? also how loud would you say they are? Its nice that Cobra actually offers a lifetime warranty just in case. Thanks for response.

I have a set of Cobra Dragsters, but think on your bike, by the look of the profile picture it would be sweet with a set of Cobra Speedster Slashdowns. My pipes have almost 45k miles on them since they were installed and they are holding up very well. only right up by my leg you can see that the guy that owned it before me burnt a rain suit or something on them, but they have polished up very nicely.

http://www.cobrausa.com/honda/vtx1300c_04_06_1/motorcycle_exhausts/speedster_slashdown/1832/

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
How loud would you say the cruzers were? were they loud enough to be satisfied with the volume or did you want louder? also how was the tone? I heard the are pretty deep for how short they are. thanks for the reply
I liked the Tone. Its fairly deep. If the baffles are wrapped they are deeper but quieter. They are really loud. If you are wanting very loud they will not work. I wanted a slightly tamer sound and they satisfied me. Its performance a concern of so then a pipe with a crossover will be better.

The one thing that I like about the. That I have never heard on other pipe is the mean ass growl when you let off the throttle at high rpm when shifting

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
How is the tone of the Cobras? also how loud would you say they are? Its nice that Cobra actually offers a lifetime warranty just in case. Thanks for response.
I've heard the cobras before they sound good but not quite as deep as V&H. They one thing I don't like about cobras they don't cover up the setting arm

·
Registered
152 Posts
I really like the tone. Nice aggressive sound at idle and when you're just putting around. But at cruising speed 65-70 mph the few guys I have rode around with so far do not mind them when they are behind me. My buddy had a set of v&h (not sure of model) on his 1100 shadow and I did not care for the sound they made at all. At idle it's was quiet and at cruising speed they produce a drone at highway speeds that was annoying. I would say my cobra pipes are my favorite sound of the 3 different 1300's I rode before I bought mine. If I had the choice I would probably have the got the speedster longs as they look more "cruiser" to me on my bike.

Plus the lifetime warranty is pretty bad a$$ if you ask me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the cruzers might be what im looking for. Performance isnt really an issue. As I said I mostly ride with a family group in middle of the pack. I like the look of slashdowns and bubs better but im not really looking for that super loud exhaust. I think the low rumble and mid level loudness might be what im looking for. Cobras might be a little louder than im wanting but they sure do look good. I also cant justify spending almost 600$ on bubs that seem to be around the same loudness as the 100$ less cobras. Cruzers might just be that kinda best bang for bang scenario with a louder than stock low rumble and the cheapest of the three. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts