Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typical dealership -
Nice looking bike, but values go out the window....
Check out this $8,000 '02 1800C

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162214663358

Sent from my... wait - No free advertising here!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Heck I found one down here in Florida with 4.5k on the clock for $3500 just wish I had the cash together.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
That's quite a bit more than I gave for my 2007 1800T 2 years ago, with less than 600 miles on it!!! And as far as the jet pack goes, I think you get those from the ACME company... Let's see if any of the "youngsters" get this reference!!!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
KBB has the bike at about $4k, so the owner has the typical "I want full retail money back for all the accessories I installed YEARS ago" idea. Even WITH all the accessories, KBB would only add [Bi]maybe[/B] another $300-500, IF that much. Far TOO many people who go to sell their bikes have this same idea about recouping the original "retail" cost of the accessories, no matter how long they've been installed on the bike, which is ridiculous!

·
Registered
851 Posts
That's quite a bit more than I gave for my 2007 1800T 2 years ago, with less than 600 miles on it!!! And as far as the jet pack goes, I think you get those from the ACME company... Let's see if any of the "youngsters" get this reference!!!

C and rr

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Thats what I paid from my 2003 VTX1800 brand new off the show room floor in October 2004. That included Title, Tax, and 5 year warranty. When I see a bike like this my first thoughts are: 1) are those 14 year old tires?; Are the rubber hoses dry rotted?; Do I really believe they changed the brake and clutch fluid every two years as specified by Honda; Is that 14 year old oil in the crankcase?; Is that 14 year old coolant in the radiator? After paying a premium price for a 14 year old motorcycle, how much more will I have to pay to bring it up to a safe operating standard? Will my $8,000, 14 year old motorcycle suddenly be a $9,000 motorcycle with 15 or 20 hours of personal time invested fix 14 years of neglect in the first month ow ownership? Others will simply change the oil and start driving, thinking they got a great deal. Maybe yes, maybe no.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I can tell ya from my experience, everybody and their momma wants too much for ALL the decent looking bikes that I've seen both on CL and ebay. They ain't gitting it plain and simple unless of course someone has had enough of the hassle, and drops the price where it is immediately snatched up faster than a cat can lick himself.

This was me on my last bike... I had people coming out the wazoo wanting the bike. There is a magic price on all bikes! Depends how bad the seller wants to sell or the buyer wants to buy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts