Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
You should have about a gallon of reserve, so however many miles that is (between about 35-45, depending), but I would just go ahead and fill up as soon as you reasonably can.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ricksawacs said:
Just wondering how many miles I should be able to go on reserve?/ thanks.
Don't push it. Trust me. :evil: :evil: :evil:
It isn't as much as your milage would make you think it is.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ricksawacs said:
You will go exactly as many miles as you can until the reserve runs out and the engine dies. Trust me, you don't want to push the beast!

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Ricksawacs said:
Depends if your engine is broken in or not. After 5000 miles the mileage is much better.

I have the speedo healer. So Dead on accurate mileage. A 70mph cruise - I get 130-140 before reserve. If riding the curves I can get 145-150 before reserve. I assume that I have another 30 miles (conservative estimate) after flipping to reserve before dead empty.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, just curious. I get to 140 now before I have to hit the reserve. My old bike had a fuel gauge so this is taking a little bit to get used too.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I generally have to go to reserve at between 140 and 155 miles.
At that point I go to fill up as soon as possible.
There's nothing worse than running out of gas!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm at 175 miles right now. Have not hit reserve yet. I used to only get 155 before hitting reserve. This is my first tank of gas after doing the Clayton mod. 20 extra miles on a tank so far!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts