Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a set of drivers floorboards on my 04 C, so I thought I would post a few pics. No problem to install, just remove the existing steps, and bolt on. You do need the complete setup, including the brake line from the master cylinder, however everything else matches up.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Oz,
Those look great on there!!! Just like they were meant to be. I am sure glad they worked out for you. I am curious with what you did for your brake light switch. Did you use the existing one from your peg set up? Or how did you handle it? Once again, I am glad they worked for you and that it sounded like it was a pretty easy switch!!!!!
Later Bro!!!!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you also have Retro bars on your bike?
Yes, I have also installed a set of 1800R bars and risers. I found them a lot more comfortable than the stock C bars. To be honest with you, I prefer the look of the C ie Fenders, but I prefer the comfort of the Retro. It's slowly becoming a C'tro :?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Retro boards on C

Question: I recently purchased the retro floorboard setup from a member to put on my C, I don't have the retro brake line that you spoke of - why is that needed exactly?? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Question: I recently purchased the retro floorboard setup from a member to put on my C, I don't have the retro brake line that you spoke of - why is that needed exactly?? Thanks for your help.
The brake line that connects the master cylinder to the brake line is different on the Retro and the C model. The Retro brake line is approx 1 inch longer, and the connector that actually bolts to the master cylinder is at a slightly different angle. It's not that different, but just enough to not work.

Do you have any pictures showing the whole C, not so closeup?
I'll take some tomorrow and post them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just got Kuryakyn floorbords for my C but have to angle them down in order to get my food under the shifter and break levers how did you get around this? did you have to get new controls because as far as I could tell there wasn't any way to adjust them up.?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got Kuryakyn floorbords for my C but have to angle them down in order to get my food under the shifter and break levers how did you get around this? did you have to get new controls because as far as I could tell there wasn't any way to adjust them up.?
I did change to the heel - toe shifter, but you can adjust the shifter by removing the left cover, and move the shifter arm (the lever that attaches to the transmission shaft) to adjust the height of the shifter.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
When are you installing the Retro fender to complete the look? :D
(textbook case of Retro envy)
Spencer

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When are you installing the Retro fender to complete the look? Very Happy
(textbook case of Retro envy)
Actually, I'm saving my pennies for the reaper fenders. I don't particularly like the flared fenders of the Retro, but I do like the Neo look, so ....... in time :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
I kind of like that look. I wasn't a big fan of floorboards until the last couple of weeks when I tried a couple of bikes with them. Now, I'm thinking about trying this. Good job ozzie.

With your change in bars (1800R), did you have to swap cables as well? What about the brake hose? How much further back would you say those bars went?

Thanks...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
With your change in bars (1800R), did you have to swap cables as well? What about the brake hose? How much further back would you say those bars went?
When I originally changed the bars, I used the stock C cables and brake line. It was a little tight, but if you run them behind the triple tree, they will fit. I have since changed over to 1300R cables and front brake line, (total cost was about $45).

The bars have probably brought my hands back 3-4 inches. I didn't really measure them, but I have noticed that they have dropped my elbows a good 6 - 8 inches. This is really what I was looking for since I found my right shoulder would start to "burn" after 30 minutes or so. It has made the ride a lot more comfortable on extended rides, which is what I mainly do (100 - 200 miles)

This is the main reason I went to the floorboards, I found that after an hour or so, the arch of my feet would get "fatigue". Now with the boards and the highway pegs, I have both options.

You've gotta be comfortable!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
*It's slowly becoming a C'tro * - ozzie

Welcome to the club, brother!

Changing out the bars is next on my 'transformation' list! :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts