Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s been awhile since I last posted, and the search function had too many results to sort through so I thought I would just ask…
My brother crunched his front fender on his 03 R and thanks to lvfd242 I got a replacement. I’ve had mine off a time or two, but that was awhile back. The question is “do I need to remove the front wheel to get the new front fender on”?? As I recall, I think I could squeeze the fender enough to get it through the tubes without the tire removal, but I’m not sure. Seems I taped the down tubes to prevent scratching the fender. Anyone remove their fender on a Retro recently and can add a few tips. Removing the tire is not a problem, but if I can replace the fender without removing the tire it would save some time.
Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
64,344 Posts
Not without scratching the heck out of that fender. It really has to be squeazed in there. It is far easier to remove the wheel and turn a fork leg out and pop the fender in, than try to squeaze that metal fender.

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
Just like said, Take the Tire off and Turn the Lower casting!! Been there, Done That!! Too many times :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.