Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put retro levers on a custom? I love the larger levers on my retro, but I can't decide whether they would be out of place on a custom. I'm thinking that maybe the smaller levers just go with the overall feel of the hotrod. Any opinions?

At first, I thought, who else would care about such a trivial detail? But then I remembered that we're talking bikes, here, nothing is trivial!

·
Registered
983 Posts
I'll be darned, they are different part numbers. I'll have to check which model the guy has that I was talking to about installing Kury Goldwing adjustable levers. Thanks guys! and I hadn't even asked a question :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chicago-Spike, no offense, but in all seriousness, your responses have continuously been less than helpful. When someone asks for opinions, it really doesn't do that guy any good to tell that person to form his own opinion. The whole idea of discussion forums like this is to gain knowledge from others and maybe prevent buying something that you wished you hadn't afterward.

·
Registered
132 Posts
TJames said:
Chicago-Spike, no offense, but in all seriousness, your responses have continuously been less than helpful. When someone asks for opinions, it really doesn't do that guy any good to tell that person to form his own opinion. The whole idea of discussion forums like this is to gain knowledge from others and maybe prevent buying something that you wished you hadn't afterward.
I for one have appreciated Spike's insight and opinions.

Michael

·
Mad Hatter
21,317 Posts
TJames said:
Anyone put retro levers on a custom? I love the larger levers on my retro, but I can't decide whether they would be out of place on a custom. I'm thinking that maybe the smaller levers just go with the overall feel of the hotrod. Any opinions?

At first, I thought, who else would care about such a trivial detail? But then I remembered that we're talking bikes, here, nothing is trivial!

Well, I sold My Stock Levers to a Fellow Fla "X"er and He Loves them!!!! The Fit Great and He said the Feel was Awesome!!! He wanted the wider Lever and Got just that.. Worth it!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm with Bradley...I haven't been a member very long...but when I asked for help awhile back...Spike was the first one to jump in and give me some guidance!!!.....He gives you options.....That in itself is better than a kick in the A$$ !!!
Spike....Keep up the good work !!!

Much appreciation,

·
Super Moderator
63,882 Posts
TJames said:
You joined 2 weeks ago. I gave him my opinion, "it's you bike do what you want to it" is that. I also gave him options on other levers other than the overpriced stock levers. So yeah, I guess how that would be less than helpful. I'll try to remember that when you need some help. :roll:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know what, Spike...you're right...I guess I got a little defensive. I didn't read your reply as a helpful "here are some alternatives," but rather as a sarcastic "don't ask us, do what you want" response. I humbly apologize.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts