Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about adding some risers and was wondering about the major differences in 2" or 4". I just need a little bit of up and lean back, that and the pulling the cables snug, thing using the 4". Also saw some 1" inserts to go on the existing bars. Any opinions?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am still not decided which risers to get. I am 5-6 and have a 1300 Retro with low rider Ultimate seat. Just feel that if can get some pull back risers that will take me back 2 inches and up 1 inch would be excellent… Does anyone have something similar or what do you recommend guys?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm also short - 5'6" with a 32 inch sleeve. With the stock seat, it was a stretch, so I went with the Aeromach 4" risers. I thought they were great; felt much better - but then I saw the Scootworks PhattRisers II, which have a 6" pullback. I sold the Areo's on Ebay and went with the 6" risers, and man - am I happy I spent the extra money! Now I feel like I'm actually sitting back comfortably on the bike, vice stretching all the way out. Highly recommend the Phat Risers II. Caution - your cables will be too tight with the 6" and will work only if you reroute them to the inside of the triple tree. Even better, you can just buy new braided cables with an extra 2-3 inches, and route them as the originals were routed. Your call - either way works.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Marcus said:
I am still not decided which risers to get. I am 5-6 and have a 1300 Retro with low rider Ultimate seat. Just feel that if can get some pull back risers that will take me back 2 inches and up 1 inch would be excellent… Does anyone have something similar or what do you recommend guys?
I am 5'6" also & don't have much of a butt,so the Ultimate seat set me back a little & the severe angle on the seat made me lose the 2" of reach that I had gained with the 4" Aeromach risers!To be kinda comfy again,I need the 6" risers & longer cables. :( I will not run my cables behind the triple tree as I saw my daughters bike that had that done(by someone else)& they are scuffing the tank a bit every time she turns the bars.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
4"

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
i'm 6'3"" and just up a set of 1800c risers on my 1300retro you can't belive the differance, and much more confortable, P.M. ME FOR DETAILS CAUSE THERE ARE A FEW THINGS TO NOTE. 8)
KRUT

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hey guys, Im only 5'5" and got the scootworks phatt II risers. It really put me in a very comfortable riding position. I did have to re-route the cables behind the triple tree.It took less than 30 min. to complete the install,and Im not much of a wrench.

·
Registered
693 Posts
If you installed the PhatRisers II by Scootworks... are the cables scratching or bumping the paintjob as dakota said?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I put a set of 3" risers on and they work out real good.
I got them for $57 from J.C Whitney. Thier for "American" bikes but fit fine on the VTX. Just have to ream out the bolt hole 1mm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.