Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know how to get rid of it ? I have done a lot of work on my bike and have good horsepower but cant use it.

TC (Thundercloud )

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks spike but where there a will there is a way I will update if i can fogure it out

TC

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
does any one know how to get rid of it ? I have done a lot of work on my bike and have good horsepower but cant use it.

TC (Thundercloud )
What did ya add bro??? for the extra hp ya got....pics??:p:p
noticed you have an S....:thumbup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spike thakns for the info I went to the link in your last post and got my answers ( dont mess with it )
all of this is from a friend who has an up graded road glide he thinks is very fast I will just have to depend on driver skill and balls to keep him in his place.

Many thanks guys

TC

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Spike thakns for the info I went to the link in your last post and got my answers ( dont mess with it )
all of this is from a friend who has an up graded road glide he thinks is very fast I will just have to depend on driver skill and balls to keep him in his place.

Many thanks guys

TC
Road glide?? Don't think you have nothing to worry about unless it's a built 110cu.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Road glide?? Don't think you have nothing to worry about unless it's a built 110cu.
even with a screaming eagle 110...ive eatin a few...:p:p

for the first two miles...:( hate 6 speeds:banghead:

but after 10 miles the eagle pulls over...while my rad fan kicks in...

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
You know there is a reason the engineers at Honda decided to limit the 4 inch pistons and 45 pound crank to only 5700 rpm and keep all that stuff inside the motor.

BEst of luck at 7000.

LB

·
Registered
17 Posts
Rev. imiter

I had the same problem with my bike . But when I changed the mufflers that all went away. Now its all most scarey. I have all most to much power it can get hairy when you are standing on it. And don't get me wrong I love the power but I have to be very carefull.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
even with a screaming eagle 110...ive eatin a few...:p:p

for the first two miles...:( hate 6 speeds:banghead:

but after 10 miles the eagle pulls over...while my rad fan kicks in...
Now that's funny! HOTWINGS!! :lol::lol:~~ Wish we had a 6spd! BTW Bronco, like that tail light cover, where did u buy it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
You know there is a reason the engineers at Honda decided to limit the 4 inch pistons and 45 pound crank to only 5700 rpm and keep all that stuff inside the motor.

BEst of luck at 7000.

LB
here's 7ooo rpm's for ya...

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Now that's funny! HOTWINGS!! :lol::lol:~~ Wish we had a 6spd! BTW Bronco, like that tail light cover, where did u buy it?

Thanks
hal has them bro..directline parts...

Home > VTX1800 Retro and VTX1800 Neo Taillights > HIG-661117 Highway Hawk TechGlide chromed taillight cover. Fits over your existing OEM tailight. FREE SHIPPING

Fits Honda VTX1300 Retro Honda VTX1300 S Honda VTX1800 Retro
Our Part #: HIG-661117
Price: $30.95
Qty.
Direct Line guarantees low prices. If you see a lower price somewhere else please click here and let us​

·
Banned
13,031 Posts

Many thanks guys

TC
Ditto on the leave the limiter alone.

Adding rpms ain't gonna help anyway.

Dump the clutch at the get go,..Short shift and hammer thru a couple of gears and he'll be so far behind you,...ya might well as slow down and let'm ctach up.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
These motors are tuned to put loads of torque at the bottom end.

Shift at 30, 60, and 90, and then pull over and wait for the guy on the Harley to get there, then go for coffee, his treat.
LB

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I put a a Cobra fuel tuner on mine and it screams now. (plus K&N airbox and hard chome 2in1 exhaust) I can whip Roadglides with the 114 until they get 6th gear. However, I do hit the rev limiter occasionally and it does feel like it's still in the power band. Just an extra 500rpm now and again in 1st gear would be awesome... But ya, just have to remember to shift faster...

Did anyone find a way to reprogram the ECM and bump the rev limit up 500? I don't want to buy a new tuner etc...

·
Super Moderator
64,110 Posts
You can NOT rewrite the ECU, that has never changed. Facts remain that you are on the downside of the powerband when the limiter kicks in anyway. That's been proven on every dyno on a stock engined VTX. Unless you change the internal workings, you won't gain anything by bumping the limiter

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I put a a Cobra fuel tuner on mine and it screams now. (plus K&N airbox and hard chome 2in1 exhaust) I can whip Roadglides with the 114 until they get 6th gear. However, I do hit the rev limiter occasionally and it does feel like it's still in the power band. Just an extra 500rpm now and again in 1st gear would be awesome... But ya, just have to remember to shift faster...

Did anyone find a way to reprogram the ECM and bump the rev limit up 500? I don't want to buy a new tuner etc...
At what speed do they shift into 6th gear?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts