Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know S & S is a very popular motor for customs and they must be reliable, but whats the deal with Rev-Tech?? Im seeing them on a lot of bikes lately and I know nothing about them. Besides cost, and where they are made, how do they differ??

I guess I dont know too much about either motor can anyone enlighten me??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Rev-Tech is a good engine. It's made in Korea and comes with a 2 year warranty. If I were to build a bike, I would give Rev-Tech considerable thought. They make a good 100 ci, 107 ci( I think) and 110 ci not sure of anything larger but I wouldn't be surprised if they did make 'em. Good value for the money IMHO! 8)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Revtech's have a pretty good reputation. One thing I have heard to consider with them is that if you have a serious problem, warranty work will probably require shipping parts to and from Korea.

Ultima has the El Bruto engine which is a made in the U.S. motor and also has a good reputation.

Personally, I really like what I have read about the Mid-Usa Powerhouse. It sounds like it has some carefully thought engineering. It sounds very over built and it makes a lot of power for its size (something like 125hp and 125ft/lbs at rear wheel) and can supposedly rev to 7200 rpm. Its pricey though.

S&S is obviously the most popular evo style motor and I don't think there is really much negative stuff to say about them. They also have a FI motor which is cool.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was going to but a custom chopper from Wind Walkers in Naperville Ill., and they told me that the REV-TECH was a bigger motor than the S7S. But I went and bought an X. So, sorry I can't help more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts